IDFC FIRST Bank

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
d9BGQ5p.webp

IDFC Bank to merge with Shriram Capital to create one of India's largest retail...

Last edited:
IDFC Bank launches virtual credit card

The virtual credit card would be linked to the users existing credit card or bank account but allow them to issue separate, random card numbers that are good only for a single transaction or set of transactions, the company said in a statement.

Axis bank had similar card too which linked to bank account. But I dont know why they stopped that service.

This bank is weird. Giving 6% interest on <1L balance. 7% interest on >1L balance. But top FD interest is 6%.

Probably would open an account in the morning. Would keep updated with all the disappointments, annoyances and of course the fake promises before account is actually open.

AQB requirement is Rs. 25,000. Guy said that everything is free. I get a signature visa debit card. free. no charges for anything. unlimited atm usage in all atms (indus and yes also has this). he also claims that sms alerts are free. this i have doubts about lol.

anyhow. would update.

if anyone has an account with them already... do tell what i am in for. i expect their mobile app to be crap. would be great if it turns out to be not so bad.

I applied for a Niyo Global Debit Card for its 0 Foreign Currency Markup and got an account with them. Have not used the account at all other than making some UPI transfers for making payments in Foreign Currency. I did not even visit the bank of have someone from the bank visit me, just an aadhaar based e-kyc during the initial lockdown in April and the Welcome Kit alongwith my Niyo card was delivered in 10-15 days, although I got a call and an SMS saying that my account is limited to Rs 1 Lakh per month until I do a physical KYC. The account is truly 0 balance as of now, Free Unlimited ATM withdrawals, have not been charged anything for the SMS alerts. Got Rs 101 from their side for opening the account 😛 , and the Interest rate is 2% for balance below 1 Lakh and 7% for balance above 1 Lakh upto 1 crore.

You should open it directly online and do full kyc later via video or a direct visit to branch. They are giving about Rs 3000 vouchers too for different tasks.

If anyone has an account with IDFC sign up using their referral. On other forum I have read their app is basic and sometimes have issues.

honestly speaking, for me it makes more sense to have good relations with the staff of the local branch. the branch just opened today. went there, had a chat. decided against opening account using aadhaar (by habit). would take dox for manual account opening tomorrow and get the stuff done.

didn't they recently changed their interest rate and were giving 7% on amount <=1 cr

Source

edit: okay new rules will be effective from 01 jan 2021

From 01 Jan 2021 new rates will be effective i.e. 7% for <=1cr

I will confirm with them on twitter.

Because of new rates I was thinking of opening an account but bank's health is not very good so couldn't decide.

7% is under 1 crore already 😶

ok. so you are saying they are increase interest on <1L balance to 7% as well? seems unlikely but the image above basically says this.

no I mean even for <=1 lac you will get 7% as per new rates instead of 6%

check the imgur image above.

Yes, thats what I meant. I will confirm and update you.