Idea 3G in Mumbai started

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 18,757
So do keep updating here! We wud know if it helps & whether we can use this method or not.

New thing discovered for idea 3gif you have activated Idea 3g in mumbai, you can recharge with the 2G data plan of 2GB and use it on 3G network of Idea. The speeds are capped at 120kbps... and you can still make/receive video calls.same logic goes with AirtelVodafone cancels your 3G if you recharge any 2G plan. Video call facility is dropped. Again you will have to recharge with min of Rs. 102 to activate 3G in vodafone mumbai.

But now i have another reason to not to have 3G.......battery usage in phones!

^^ Battery usage still a problem? What a year 2007 excuse.For me ability to surf at 10x speeds is much preferred to loss in 1-2 hrs battery life. I always keep charger in my bag. 🙂

Now this is 1 of the best available phones, with good battery.......Samsung Galaxy S2. And u can see the battery usage: Up to 18 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 8 h 40 min (3G)I dont want to end up charging my phone twice a day, or say like an old Lappie - keeping it connected to power source always! 😛

So do keep updating here! We wud know if it helps & whether we can use this method or not.

now well... in idea network that irritating sms comes
in idea 3G (airtel) it does not come. If you manually disconnect then only that sms comes.

nothing... this is the difference i got after the complain.atleast i get a call from mtnl for each complain I make. with Idea there is no revert back . No emails/nocall back/ to return tweet.

So basically, we have to learn to live with it, or leave Idea!

yes.. I will leave idea again on 1 week of Dec after I complete 90 days. It will be my 4th porting...Idea-mtnl-vodafone-idea again now - and will port to Airtel in dec 2011.

I dont want to keep hopping around. My hopping depends more on costs, and the signal quality. Rest all factors.......u will find some or the other irritation with all service providers!

the main reason for me to go away with idea is that it shows me as roaming on 3g network.all applications ask me for warnings of roaming for data use.

they r not charging... but had a bitter experience with tata docomo with that. They charged me as roaming for mumbai sim in mumbai for all data used.

U have been a troubled soul when it comes to Telecom services!