Idea 3G in Mumbai started

• Thread starter Thread starter popcorn
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 82
  • Views Views 18,762
last night switched from vodafone to idea 3g
howz the experience??

how is the experience?are you getting airtel 3G signals or you getting idea 3g written as operator?i have shifted from vodafone to idea on 23rd aug(request given to retailer) and got sms from vodafone that ur request received and will validate in 96 hours(on 26 aug).when did u got that sms?

how is the experience?
are you getting airtel 3G signals or you getting idea 3g written as operator?

i have shifted from vodafone to idea on 23rd aug(request given to retailer) and got sms from vodafone that ur request received and will validate in 96 hours(on 26 aug).
when did u got that sms?

the idea executive came on 22 aug and last night it started as MNP takes time.
requested the customer care to activate 3g. She says it should take 24hrs to activate.
big difference to note
on vodafone network my cell used to show '3g+' now it shows just '3g'
speed test not done yet.

that's normal... 3G and 3.5G is dependent on actual connection for data.

----------

with 3g only , you can receive video calls and call video calls
with 3.5G you can make high connection data transfers.

its normal !! you have 2 networks in one sim officially ! so better coverage !if idea does that rectified,, you get the best out of mobile services in Mumbai !

I got a call today from CC guy of Idea asking me to go 3G. I bluntly refused it. I just said him that in 3G, they give me just 200MB of data for 98, whereas in 2G atleast its 2GB! He said "But look at the speed of 3G. U can watch TV also" I said, "I know how much data gets used up in watching TV".

thats in all in other operators as well (Except mtnl who does not charge 3G data for TV)

I know that. but i just wanted to highlight the way he tried to fool me into the offer!

None of the operators are charging extra for data in Mobile TV. The only amount one have to pay is Mobile TV Rental .

I am confirm bcoz I have used is on Reliance 3G and Vodafone 3G. Rest also claims same in their website FAQ

try it in real...

----------

vodafone deducts data at 10p/10 KB
Idea sells it on time
Reliance also either time or charges data
mtnl - no data charged , unlimited time tv