ICICI Online Banking OTP Requirement

• Thread starter Thread starter hitman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 40,103
Hi Guys .. I am getting this screen everytime I login to the account ..

http://img145.imageshack.us/i/24020772.jpg/

They r sending message everytime and I have to enter the code sent in sms everytime .. Wht is this new drama? wht if one don't get the sms??

and i thought this was mandatory only for online credit card transactions. 😕

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

mmm. i just tried with my own account on icicibank.com. i logged in just fine with just the user name and password.

Yeah I too can login now .. but from morning this is the 2nd time I got tht screen .. May be they r trying something new .. buggers

are you sure that you are entering the correct URL in browser and this isn't some phishing website?

Yeah man.. its right site .. cos I get the smses from icici ..Tht was the first thing tht occured to me if tht is fishing .. but then I always type in my bank url.. and never click from any source ..

Naa nothing like tht. It would have shown me incorrect pass etc..But I was shown the above window and message with code was sent to my cell .. on entering tht code it took me to my account page .. So no question of incorrect pass.. they surely were trying something ..

do you have an icici credit card too? i want to know if icici is automatically sending you the OTP by SMS in case you are using their credit card to make an online payment... standard chartered seems to require manual request. either using their website or IVR.

Yeah I do have the credit card from icici ..
But I haven't used them of lately .. Will pay my airtel BB bill or vodafone bill later this week ..
Will confirm after tht..

But this OTP seems to be applicable only when we make payment IVR .. right?
Btw few days back I got email from ICICI explaining the ways in which I can generate OTP... Below is their email ..

Dear Customer,

Based on a Reserve Bank of India mandate, we have introduced an additional measure of security for IVR transactions on your ICICI Bank Credit Cards.

This means that every time you pay for a purchase or service through any merchant's telephone system (IVR), you will be asked to input a One Time Password (OTP) .This will be in effect from February 1, 2011 instead of January 1, 2011.

The various options through which you can obtain an OTP for IVR transaction are:

Step 1 - Send IOTP Your 16-digit ICICI Bank Credit Card Number to 5676766
Step 2 - You will receive the OTP on your Registered Mobile Number and e-mail ID

Step 1 - Go to www.icicibank.com.On the bottom right side under'Cards' section: click on 3Dsecure option
Step 2 - Choose the 'IVR-IOTP' Option
Step 3 - Enter your ICICI Bank Credit Card Number, valid from and date of birth
Step 4 - Generate OTP Request
Step 5 - You will receive the OTP on your Registered Mobile Number and e-mail ID

Step 1 - At the time of the IVR transaction, enter ICICI Bank Card Number, Expiry Date and CVV Code
Step 2 - You will receive the OTP on your Registered Mobile Number and e-mail ID

The (OTP)One time password can be used only one-time within a period of 24 hours

Please note: No transactions over the IVR will be carried out without the OTP from
February 1, 2011.

In case of any further clarifications, please call our 24-hour Customer Care. Alternatively, Please write to us through the "E-mail Us" option. This option is available on the top right hand side of the first page at our website www.icicibank.com" .

Looking forward for a fulfilling relationship to help us serve your better

Sincerely,

Ashish Singhal
Head - Privilege Banking

It's all BS u know .. if there is any cc fraud tht transaction should be reversed and no question asked .. as simple as tht ..There is no such BS mandatory in US and other countries .. still they r biggest users of plastic money ..Verified of visa and Mastercard r optional and in no way mandatory there ..Banks in India r trying to put the onus on consumers by showing tht there r so many checks so if any fraud then u r liable to pay ..

heh yeah. they have made it so complicated now. i mean if i am on the road... using mchek is now a pain to deal with. and for non-techie folks, they have made it awful to do online shopping!

Yeah guys I again got tht screen .. There surely is something new they r trying ..This time I didn't entered the OTP code and just closed the window .. after tht I tried to login again and it went through to my account page without showing tht OTP screen .

So it seems I was right 😀
They have confirmed now on the login screen too ..
But what are "internet banking access parameters" ?