• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,353

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
They already have freaking complicated password requirements. Now the government is enforcing two factor authentication.

With effect from April 1, 2012 you will be required to enter an additional authentication parameter while you log in to your ICICIdirect.com account. This is as per the SEBI Guidelines to introduce Two Factor authentication for internet based trading in order to further strengthen the security of trading accounts.
Login page will prompt you to enter the following, besides the password you currently enter:

1. Date of Birth or
2. Pan Card details

ICICI direct is a lesser hassle as compared to Reliance. Those guys have 2 passwords - one login, the other transaction. Till date I haven't yet figured out where the transaction password is required. Damn thing can't even be 'similar' to the login password. Can't be from the history. Really sucks, having to create and remember something new each time. Add to the fact that I rarely ever login considering the market is in such a haphazard state. Oh, I forgot to add, they even have a RSA token that needs to be entered. Horrible part is when password expires - 15 days like with ICICI Direct. When you login after the expiry, it says, dude your password expired, generate two new ones (login and transaction). After fighting with the damn thing for a while to figure out passwords you can remember and are different and new, it closes the window, and requires you to start the login process from scratch. Only reason I still have it is because the brokerage charges are the cheapest I have got from anyone.

heh. i am just sad that i cannot shut down my direct account because of some shares that i still own. icici gets their yearly fee from me. i have not logged in to my account for years now 😕

Ditto with mine. I haven't used my ICICI account for quite sometime, just because I have this feeling that I might 'need' it sometime. That 'need' hasn't arose in the last 3 years.As regards your shares, if you have an alternate demat account, you can always transfer them to that account. Based on who your other demat provider is, the process can be hassle free or extremely painful (mostly the nickname I use to address HDFC)

ah well. i prefer icici in that case. it is connected to my bank account so i believe whenever i sell my share money would be transferred to my account. i actually do not remember how i went on buying the shares in the first place. i think i transferred funds from my savings account to my dmat account. and bought shares using that. i wonder if there is still some money stuck in my dmat account that is left unused. the user interface was so freaking complicated that i gave up after two months. 😕

I want to know how can I transfer my shares from 1 demat to another demat account. I have a demat account with Motilal Oswal and I would like to shift to ICICI direct. How do I go about it? Motilal Oswal's user interface is very complicated. I always need to open the manual to do any transaction.

i trade on NOW software................and recently it asked me 5 question(total 10-15 but compulsory to answer 5) ............my shoe number,my tv brand, my wife's last name before marriage, my birthplace, and my ...............i dont remember last one...........................now each time i login now............i bloody have to answer my password, my login image, my 2 of the 5 answers..................and then wen i have to trade then my transaction password............:crazy1:

i think i am about to leave the trading altogether as my profession .

----------

I want to know how can I transfer my shares from 1 demat to another demat account. I have a demat account with Motilal Oswal and I would like to shift to ICICI direct. How do I go about it?

Motilal Oswal's user interface is very complicated. I always need to open the manual to do any transaction.

there must be a transfer instruction booklet .................kind of cheque book of demat account......fill that up.

I want to know how can I transfer my shares from 1 demat to another demat account. I have a demat account with Motilal Oswal and I would like to shift to ICICI direct. How do I go about it?

Motilal Oswal's user interface is very complicated. I always need to open the manual to do any transaction.

Fill up the TIFD booklet (which include details like no of shares,co ISIN) marked as "off-Market transaction". And give that booklet to ICICI direct branch. ! important thing is that you have to submit your original "Client Master List" that you must have got from Motilal whilst opening the A/c.
If you don't have it, you can ask them to courier you. Most of them don't charge for it.

----------

ah well. i prefer icici in that case. it is connected to my bank account so i believe whenever i sell my share money would be transferred to my account.

i actually do not remember how i went on buying the shares in the first place. i think i transferred funds from my savings account to my dmat account. and bought shares using that.

i wonder if there is still some money stuck in my dmat account that is left unused. the user interface was so freaking complicated that i gave up after two months. 😕

Technically speaking demat A/c can only hold securities and not Any Money. Login to ICICIdirect website, select the older version option (if the new design is too cumbersome) and click on modify allocation. in that make the amount set for trading to "ZERO", now the amount released will be automatically freed to the savings a/c.

since icici direct is a 3 in 1 A/c. Even if some amount is blocked for trading, you will continue to earn Savings a/c interest on it, though you can't withdraw it until you follow the above step.