ICICI BookMyshow Fraud

• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 8,865
Well. You cannot really blame them if PVR is charging them a bomb for the rights.
http://www.readability.com/articles/q9x9fzki
Also... ICICI is the bigger scammer here. Why? Because every day the value of the deal for you decreases as more people get an ICICI Bank debit card. Ticket number remains the same. People who can/do apply for it increases.

/OT
But, I've found BMS to be perfectly reliable in Mumbai. But then, I've used it only for the past year or so.

whoru007 said:
Booking tickets from BookMyShow is worst thing you would want to experience. On most of the occasion with me and my friends who Successfully booked tickets from BMS have been rejected entry on Movie. They say you have to come at least 2 hrs before start of movie to confirm the ticket and there is no guarantee that ticket booked from BMS is valid at movie location. On couple of occasions staff has said that they only accept BMS tickets when shows are not housefull and stated yaha line me khade rehke ticket lene wale chu*ye nahi hai (People who buy tickets after standing in long queues are not a*****es). After calling BMS Call Center only response is your amount will be refunded within 30 days.
Usually person books tickets from BMS either because he don't want to go to theaters or he is running quick right before movie. As far as their deals are concerned, I just don't believe on it. So be aware next time.

Dear whoru007,
It is shocking to know about your experience at the cinema. This is the first time we have come across such an incident and would like to know more about it. Please share the exact cinema you faced this at and we will investigate the matter with the higher cinema authorities to avoid any such happenings in future.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Team BookMyShow

i am using BMS from last 3 years, And I had never encountered any issue..
even i have icici credit card and i am getting 2 tickets free evry month...but free ticket are in limit..So best thing is to book ticket asap before 8.00am..some time if you are lucky enough you can avail this offer even in the evening.
chromaniac said:
This is my recent experience on BMS. I decided to not buy tickets from them in future because of such absurd 'internet handling charges'.
I understand PVR charged them a bomb for rights to their theaters. But this amount is abusurd.
in mumbai there are not charging anthing as internet handling fee..you have to pay for ticket only..so i think its not in there control they might have to pay some tax to local body...

Yup local laws prohibit them so they charge more from us.As discussed in other threads... Even the ticket prices are regulated in some states like in Chennai. 120 rupees is the top limit I think.

Yes says the guy from the state where it is limited to 120 😀

mhsabir said:
Yes says the guy from the state where it is limited to 120 😀
Wow .120 Rs is Good Enough .
I have had good experiences with bookmyshow but the convenience charges now feel like they are pretty high, also i could never avail any of the offer .
200 tickets for entire INDIA is pretty low even for DELHI .