• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 8,870

devx101

Senior
ISP
LL/cable/3G then bck to EDGE
This is for those who have an ICICI credit card or debit card which proclaims certain special benefits on on-line bookmyshow bookings.
It reads something like this...
Get up to Rs. 200 off every month on movie tickets
[color=rgb(76,76,67);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(254,253,253);]Rs. 100 off on every movie ticket booked on [/color]www.bookmyshow.com[color=rgb(76,76,67);font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(254,253,253);]. Maximum 2 tickets can be booked per month.[/color]
. Nice na...BullS**t......
when i tried to book a movie then apply the coupon through bookmyshow website it said that
"[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:'Lucida Grande', Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]Sorry, we can`t proceed with the booking for this offer since the Total Number of Tickets for Today has been exhausted OR You may have applied it to an ongoing transaction which is not yet cancelled. Please try again after 20 mins."[/color]
so you think you did something wrong then again u try and again u get the same msg ..
So what is matter..
ICICI has a daily quota for the number of tickets which can be booked through this coupon as said to me by CC. This thing is nowhere mentioned in the website clearly , only some text in T&C with no mention of the total no of seats.
So no one knows what the quota is !!! great....even IRCTC is more transparent in this.
Clearly ICICI & Bookmyshow lived up to their expectations. best at fooling the customers...

[color=#ff0000;]Request everyone to share this as much as possible so that these people stop this BS , fooling customers by lofty banners on their websites and pamphlets.[/color]

Booking tickets from BookMyShow is worst thing you would want to experience. On most of the occasion with me and my friends who Successfully booked tickets from BMS have been rejected entry on Movie. They say you have to come at least 2 hrs before start of movie to confirm the ticket and there is no guarantee that ticket booked from BMS is valid at movie location. On couple of occasions staff has said that they only accept BMS tickets when shows are not housefull and stated yaha line me khade rehke ticket lene wale chu*ye nahi hai (People who buy tickets after standing in long queues are not assholes). After calling BMS Call Center only response is your amount will be refunded within 30 days.
Usually person books tickets from BMS either because he don't want to go to theaters or he is running quick right before movie. As far as their deals are concerned, I just don't believe on it. So be aware next time.

chromaniac said:
😕 I never had any such problem booking tickets on BMS 😕
Apparently in Mumbai that is the case since ticket prices changes as per movie and days. e.g. Advance booking price (1 week before movie) for Dhoom 3 is Rs.450 but normal price would be 550,600,650 depending upon how many days you have booked in advance.

Same with RedBus.in may times their tickets are not honored by bus operators.

Dear devx101,

We certainly understand your concern and the offers available on our website are for our valued customer. However, we would like to state that as mentioned in the terms & conditions for this offer, the number of tickets available for redemption per day are limited and can be redeemed on a first come first serve basis.

Due to so many movies promising entertainment, releasing one after the other, the offer gets exhausted in a short span of time if the volume of bookings increase rapidly. The offer is not available for redemption once the quota of free tickets is exhausted for a particular day and in such situations the user has to try availing the offer after it is refreshed the next day.

The mentioned error is encountered in case of the number of tickets available under the offer being exhausted or due to an unsuccessful transaction while trying to avail the offer. In case of the availing the offer and the transaction being unsuccessful, the offer gets blocked in the system for 20 mins which is released after that period.

We wish to clarify the process of redemption of the existing offers on our website so that your query is resolved to your satisfaction and hence we request you to kindly share your contact number with us. Our customer care team will get in touch with you right away.

Providing you a good ticketing experience is always at heart.

Thanking you.
Team BookMyShow

whoru007 said:
Booking tickets from BookMyShow is worst thing you would want to experience. On most of the occasion with me and my friends who Successfully booked tickets from BMS have been rejected entry on Movie. They say you have to come at least 2 hrs before start of movie to confirm the ticket and there is no guarantee that ticket booked from BMS is valid at movie location. On couple of occasions staff has said that they only accept BMS tickets when shows are not housefull and stated yaha line me khade rehke ticket lene wale chu*ye nahi hai (People who buy tickets after standing in long queues are not a*****es). After calling BMS Call Center only response is your amount will be refunded within 30 days.
Usually person books tickets from BMS either because he don't want to go to theaters or he is running quick right before movie. As far as their deals are concerned, I just don't believe on it. So be aware next time.
Well thats shocking. Defeats the motive of online ticket booking in a sense.
I used it couple of times but never had a problem so far.

ganesh177 said:
Well thats shocking. Defeats the motive of online ticket booking in a sense.
I used it couple of times but never had a problem so far.
Could be I stopped using BMS almost a year back, will try it sometime and will see if it has changed.

I too never faced such issues with BMS, I always book tickets through BMS itself and collect the tickets minutes before the movie. Off late I also use ticketplease for booking tickets cause of few offers on my cc.

ya even i got this message (Sorry, we can`t proceed with the booking for this offer since the Total Number of Tickets for Today has been exhausted OR You may have applied it to an ongoing transaction which is not yet cancelled. Please try again after 20 mins)i tried next morning and availed offer.....

I guess it is one of those things that you should try just after clock strikes midnight 😕

whoru007 said:
Booking tickets from BookMyShow is worst thing you would want to experience. On most of the occasion with me and my friends who Successfully booked tickets from BMS have been rejected entry on Movie. They say you have to come at least 2 hrs before start of movie to confirm the ticket and there is no guarantee that ticket booked from BMS is valid at movie location. On couple of occasions staff has said that they only accept BMS tickets when shows are not housefull and stated yaha line me khade rehke ticket lene wale chu*ye nahi hai (People who buy tickets after standing in long queues are not a*****es). After calling BMS Call Center only response is your amount will be refunded within 30 days.
Did this happen at a Multiplex? your incident is sort of an extreme, as said by someone defeats the very purpose of online booking.

I would imagine it happened at a single screen theater which appears to be still very popular in Mumbai 😕