• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 27,134

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
As you may be aware, the Government of India is issuing Unique Identification Numbers (Aadhaar Number) to all residents of India through Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).

All government benefits will be routed through the bank account of the beneficiaries, which is linked to Aadhaar / UID number.
You can now link your Aadhaar / UID number to your ICICI Bank Savings Account to avail the benefits of Government subsidies / payments directly into your bank account.
Please visit the nearest ICICI Bank branch with the original Aadhaar / UIDAI card to update your Aadhaar / UID number with ICICI Bank. Kindly visit www.icicibank.com to know your nearest ICICI Bank branch.
We deeply value our relationship with you and look forward to growing it further.

how long before all banks make this mandatory :numbness:

I do not see it to be mandatory. The focus is on government scheme beneficiaries.

chromaniac said:
I do not see it to be mandatory. The focus is on government scheme beneficiaries.
who wouldn't want the subsidy ? isn't all kind of subsidy going cash transfer, example lpg subsidy
once majority gets uid, whats stopping them to make it mandatory ?
enter one number & you will get entire history of an individual 😛ray: , which gov wouldn't like that

IIRC , only few months back many banks opposed such move. I am not sure if ICICI was part of it.

It is not compulsory... They are legally required to provide this option to their customers... Weather u attach it or not is totally up to u...

Govt wants aadhar cards linked with bank accounts, so it gets easier for them to provide various subsidies to the masses. Personally, as a banker, I don't want aadhar cards to be treated as KYC documents as of yet. Too many inconsistancies.

Can we link Aadhar number to all Bank accounts we have? I have account in 3 banks, but I think linking Aadhar number with 1 number would be sufficient?

I am pretty sure u can link aadhar to only one acct... If the acct gets closed or whatever I am sure there will be a way to change it to another acct... But linking it to multiple accts does not seem possible yet... On the other hand I would think that the ultimate goal of aadhar would be to be a kind of all in one information data bank a bit like social security number in the US or SIN number in canada... I would think in the long term all ur accts would be automatically to ur aadhar card along with other things like pan card...

http://www.icicibank.com/campaigns/mailers/Aadhaar_Mailer/images/Stay_Connected_Form.pdf
Here is the form of linking your aadhaar card with your icici bank account.
Aadhaar, your 12-digit unique identification number, not just serves as proof of identity and address, but also helps you avail Government subsidies.Hence, while it is important to acquire Aadhaar, it is also important to link your Aadhaar number to your ICICI Bank account. This linkage makes the process of receiving eligible subsidies even more convenient, as the payment gets routed to you directly through your Aadhaar - linked bank account.
Link your Aadhaar number with ICICI Bank Savings Account to avail below benefits: Domestic Gas Subsidy, Scholarships, Other direct benefit transfers, eKYC.
So, make no more delays! Please visit your nearest ICICI Bank branch along with your original Aadhaar card and filled linking form to get your Aadhaar number linked to your ICICI Bank Savings Account.

You can also take e-aadhar letter if you have not received original aadhar card.