ICICI Bank iMobile App

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 10,255
cool.. I will surely use it for my Icici account

awesome. do tell us how it works out. i am not using my icici account actively. and standard chartered india is as good as useless.

hate standard chartered for their 'chalta hai' attitude. They are not competitive at all. (Its a long story, not describing now).On a different note, SBI has a banking application which they advertise in all their branches very actively. The mobile they show in their poster ads is an iPhone, which shows the application running. But when I checked in their website, iphone is not in the supported handset list. I checked with their branch, and the manager told me that phone banking related queries can only be handled by the CC helpdesk, as its controlled from Mumbai office. Dont know whether they can use iphone snaps, to advertise when they do not have an iphone application.

heh. reliance 3g page showed Apple iPhone initially. they seems to have removed it now. i guess iphone images are more popular as stock images! another thing i wanted to mention about icici bank here. i needed to deposit a small check in dollar currency. they have a branch in sector 31 gurgaon. the guys at the branch told me that i would have to go to some other branch as they are not yet authorized to accept payments in international currencies. i went to that branch specifically because it is a pretty new one and not many people go there. all the other ICICI branches in the main areas of the city is pretty much jammed with people through the day. you would have to wait for as long as an hour ... probably more to get to their customer support desk. dropped the idea to drop the check. would now get it done at standard chartered instead.

Try a Delhi branch instead. Didnt knew that ICICI was this popular in Gurgaon.

arey bhai. i already know 2 branches in gurgaon which accepts international currency checks. the point was that every branch of theirs should accept these. i mean... they make me fill up a special form for each of these checks. in the end, these are regular checks that have to be processed like other checks. and they get to charge a good amount to process them.

its crap one, they use sms for any actions done in imobile 🙁 that even to premium number where charges were high... and no info about the usage of sms in market page, nonsense 🙁... i came to know only from after i got a bill, where more than 150 rs gone on this. since i was just testing/experimenting all the services on imobile with the thought it will use gprs for all the communication....

holy cow. they are sending SMS messages in the background? 😀

THIS APPLICATION HAS ACCESS TO THE FOLLOWING:
SERVICES THAT COST YOU MONEY
SEND SMS MESSAGES
Allows application to send SMS messages. Malicious applications may cost you money by sending messages without your confirmation.
NETWORK COMMUNICATION
FULL INTERNET ACCESS
Allows an application to create network sockets.
PHONE CALLS
READ PHONE STATE AND IDENTITY
Allows the application to access the phone features of the device. An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.

ICICI Bank iMobile

should have known!

enough WTFs here to avoid this altogether.

I thought the application gives you a choice - Connect through gprs/send sms (atleast for symbian)

well for it to work through GPRS, they would have to program shit on their servers. with SMS they can probably use the existing mechanism. i have a feeling that this project was developed by an intern and was approved by the authorities after basic testing 😕

I am using iMobile actively, and no, it doesn't use SMS.. Only sends one SMS to verify your mobile number one time.. After that, all transactions are through GPRS/Wifi..

😀 good to have some clarification.

whats the need for: An application with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.

i guess both of these are part of the same API...

ICICI Bank iMobile

should have known!

enough WTFs here to avoid this altogether.
But then why it need full internat access? and why it was not mentioned in application page itself?

anyways. there are enough issues with this app. ICICI does not mention anything about the SMS thing in description. And then we have comments like these:

every time it charge premium rate of sms. .increase my bill by 100 buks. .

Google pls flag this app for fraud. It sends SMS without users content
Why the hell, it uses sms for any actions it does and that even to premium no. Crap!

This app is total crap. It uses ur SMS to send requests to get ur bank balance &other stuff. Sms's are sent to premium no.&chrged Rs.3. Lost Rs.180 🙁

I have been using this application for a month now. It appears that the application uses texting to retrieve account details and perform transactions. The SMSes are sent to a premium number and my mobile bill shot up this month. Did any one notice this issue?

looks like the user is not alerted in any way that an sms is being sent in the background. should be a good enough reason for rejection!