ICICI and HDFC Banks to charge for sms alerts now

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 11,679
Yaa! Quite cheeky of them to have it mentioned in the smallest of fonts at the bottom. I quickly changed it to email only through app but there again i happen to notice that if one is a preferred customer (i guess classic account and above) they have it waived off...since i happen to be one ,so i changed it back to both email and sms instaalert 😀

1 thing though - "If you were paying Rs. 3 per quarter for InstaAlert SMS service"
I dont remember paying any quarterly charges. Would this mean that it would be free for me?

Me neither. I guess you too must be their preferred customer or the charges must be appearing annually and you must have missed paying some insignificant amount in your statement or maybe yours is a savings account that is not a plain jane basic one and has this perk inbuilt...but q remains that why would they send it as a footnote on our mail

Yes, am a preferred customer too.

It's in the footnote so that no one notices this and they can charge the customers. And they have done their job of informing them. Legally safe!