ICC Cricket World Cup Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter avilhas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,450
  • Views Views 516,696
India did way better considering the horrible time they had before. If they had played a little better in the semis definitely they would have tested the aussie side.

But except South Africa - all their matches were against weak teams.

So good performance till SF was just by the numbers.

India were not outplayed but their batsmen underperformed considering they had the lack of experience they just threw their wickets away man and by the law of averages they were due a bad day at the office which happened in SF. Whatever it is but India performed better under pressure batting second than what NZ did batting first yesterday.

Amish dont really agree with you mate .. We beat Pak which by no means is a weak opposition .. We beat SA convincingly ... To me SA was never going to win this WC .. My friend was gunning for SA to win this time I told him lay a bet anyone will win except SA .. To me they are only banking on AB and FAF to some extent .. Rest contributed with nothing barring Millers quick knock in NZs pea sized grounds .. We beat WI .. We would have in all probability beaten England and SL had we played them .. This cup was always Australias as they really are super powers .. If this same team remains then we can see Aussie as genuine threat in 2019 also ..

I feel even if we batted first in the SF we would have put on a decent show for sure but the mood the Aussies were in they would have chased down 300 also ..

lack of experience?!!! I thought most of them have played atleast 100 ODI matches and they were all in Australia from months.

Abt law of probablity - Australia was smart here!! They purposely lost to NZ in group match so that by law of averages they will win in final!!

India made mistake. They should not have defeated SA and say Ireland so that by law of averages they would perform better in SF and Finals!

I wonder why Zaheer Khan , Harbhajan and Sehwag are not calling time on their careers ?? Really dont see any of the three back in Indian team ..