iBall launches tablet @ Rs 13,995

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,471
Its getting really interesting in the Tablet space!

As they say - Behti Ganga Mein Hath Dhona (Make Hay While the Sun Shines)

what i do not like about these launches is that the companies do not even bother to offer details about the newly launched product on their own official website immediately. and i am not even sure where these low costs tablets are sold. 😕

The newly launched 30k plus priced mobiles and (tabs) cost some 10 -12k to the manufacturer...... Lot of margins..... That's where low cost 5k cost manufacturers come in play which sell the stuff at from 9k -13k.......

Same with lcd and led's, once a Sony truck containing lcd and led tvs was gone missing worth 60 plus lacs....... (retail value) And the company cost was 20 lac only...... No wonder they launch new and new model every 3 months to keep innovation in play and price higher......

I suspect many companies simply test the waters by launching & releasing a small number in selective places where their existing products are sold... And I doubt whether they are available at all at launch time, maybe once they launch , they reach out to vendors for orders & then start shipping accordinglyThe fact remains that in all probability these brands will end up fighting with each other over a small percentage of the market. I too wonder sometimes the point in launching a tablet when already there are too many now & to me atleast not all of them selling like hot cakes. But then, the same seems to be with mobiles. There are 50+ new mobile companies & they all seem to be fighting over a very small share - but that is not stopping even more new companies to launch & have a go