• Thread starter Thread starter shekhar918
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 5,846
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
bsnl
After searching a lot, going through tariff plans of all service providers, and I being a BSNL broadband user for last 10 years, now I want to switch to different service provider.
I have also used touchnet cable internet for a year, don't want to use airtel neither you broadband.
I met a guy at swimming pool yesterday he told me he is from sector 17 area and have thunder 699 2mbps unlimited plan and he gets downloading speed of around 400kbps (torrent) and he downloads around 40 GB per month, he is not facing any problem also 2mbps is giving him such good speed of 400 kbps (it should give around 250 kbps, as actual speed is 1/8 of ___ the bandwidth but whopping 400 for 2mbps?)
Anyways I have called customer care last night, again requesting him for new connection request, he said I will get a call, also last week I sent request via email for new connection they replied I will be contacted when the reliance guy will check whether my premises have reliance line or not.
Is there any reliance office where I can contact them for new connection?

And I have to download few huge files over 6 GB (not on torrent), they are direct updates of few software I work on, and if there is a disconnection of internet in between, I have to start download again. So kindly tell me is Reliance good enough to download files without disconnection - re connection for several hours?
i.e. I am thinking of FREEDOM 999 plan as it has 12 mbps bandwidth, so I might get 1.5 mbps actual download speed.

What is the process to get new connection?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. Reliance here in Sector 31 Gurgaon has been down for me for better part of the month. In fact, it has been down for me since last night and the local guys have no answers for me. I can give you the number of the sales guy of my area and he might hook you up. What I am trying to say here is that do not go for Reliance unless you keep another connection for backup if you need a constant connectivity. And no, no ISP can guarantee that your connection would run stable right when you need it. Shit happens.

Yes Mr. chromaniac, Do give me number of your sales guy of your area, he should be having idea of other locations as well.
Thank you.

Did you read the part where I said that the connectivity has been horrible for the last one month? Internet goes down during power cuts coz their local gateway does not have power backup?

Anyways... Call this guy: 9555541533. The name is Umesh.

god! is it such horrible? I read on few more treads here, that sometimes people face issues but the problem gets sorted out, if there is decrease in speed they sort that out via chat, etc
anyways so your connection is offline for past one month?

The problem started when the power backup system fucked up at the local gateway in my area last month. Before that the connection was quite good. I have been following up with my complaint. Few days ago I was told that the new backup was installed. Connection was stable for a few days even after that. But this week has been the same mess again. The connection when it works is quite stable. It's the local infrastructure which is messed up. And the local fucks do not give a shit. If they can tell me the actual problem, I can at least try to get it escalated. But they do not tell me the exact problem and keep on giving me the usual bullshit...

If you call the guy, ask him about how stable the connectivity is. If he lies about it being super awesome, ask him about the ongoing problems in sector 31 and then see his reaction.

hahaha, mr chromaniac, do you have any other broadband beside reliance? I am on internet coz of my mtnl mobile ( 76/- for 1GB 3G validity - 7 days ) mtnl inexpensive 3G service is life saver for me all this time.
yes I talked to reliance guy, called him twice, from his end weird noises come 😛
and unfortunately he told me reliance connection is not available in my locality, but then I gave him my friends address in sector 17 A
he again said not present in his location, then how come my friend have reliance broadband. he did not know answer to that question. haha
reliance broadband would have been hit if their service matched to that of airtel / bsnl ( bsnl is good but pathetic after services )

As for me... I had Airtel Broadband for many many years before I moved to BSNL 2 years ago. Few months ago, I decided to move to Reliance but knowing their reputation, I kept BSNL as backup. So currently... I try to use Reliance as my primary connection and BSNL as the backup. BSNL costs me more than Reliance. But at least I have one of these two connections working mostly all the times.

ya talked to him, he said sector 14 have connections only in few lines, unfortunately not where I stay ( opposite motorola building )
I will now opt for BBG COMBO ULD 1425 plan.
this plan looks promising as it gives 4 mbps upto 30 GB ( 30 GB only in delhi ncr, else 20 gb rest of india )
so after 12.36% tax my bill will come around 1600+

Yup. I have the same package on my 'backup' connection which funny enough costs me more than the Reliance package I have. Only reason why I have not kicked out Reliance yet. It is quite good value for money deal even if it works for 20 days in a month. You can also considering going for their unlimited plan which costs around the same. The speed is 1mbps?

what? unlimited internet for 1 mbps? or 1 mbps after FUP?
if it's 1 mps all the time, too slow for me, I can't get anything less than 2mbps.

Status
Not open for further replies.