I Want To Operate Two User Ids On One Modem Simulaneously

• Thread starter Thread starter ranesh_bsnl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 2,038

ranesh_bsnl

ISP
bsnl
i have two PCs in my office and has broadband connection, can we connect two pcs on different user id of broadband simultaneously by using PPPOE dialer using single adsl router. let me explain further.i donot want my router on always on mode. i want that my friend can use his own userid of broadband and i can use my own userid of broadband and all that simultaneously means two user ids on one adsl router, simultaneously. i have D-Link 502 T , and also have (spare )Huawei MT841 adsl router.please help me

ok, it's still not clear what exactly you want to do... do you want to get two different connections but use only one modem? Or do you want it such that on one connection you have two users, and when neither of you is logged on, the internet is disconnected?

QUOTE(vebmetal @ Aug 7 2006, 12:29 AM) [snapback]57823[/snapback]
ok, it's still not clear what exactly you want to do... do you want to get two different connections but use only one modem? Or do you want it such that on one connection you have two users, and when neither of you is logged on, the internet is disconnected?
[/b]

i will explain again, i am having a office in which i have a broadband connection, one adsl router and two computers both having windows xp, i have one Broadband user id. my friend is also working with me. he has his own user id of broadband which he is using at home. now my friend and me want that we should use our own broadband user ids at our office so that one can pay for his own usage. if my friend will use his own bb account then he will pay for it and i will use my own bb user id account and will pay for my own usage. so my question is that on one adsl router/modem i want to operate two broadband user ids simultaneously.