I want to buy MacBook Air M1 but have some doubts need help.

• Thread starter Thread starter supukabi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 3,990
ISP
BSNL Adsl
I am thinking of buying M1 MacBook Air but one thing that stopping me from buying this one is what will happen after 1 year if it becomes faulty. I know Apple care plus but it is too expensive I can not spend extra money other than the laptop. Currently I am using iPad6th gen bought in 2019 it is working like the day 1 I bought it till now. I haven’t faced a single problem on this, battery backup is still like new 12hrs. So can you suggest me what shall I do? Are these machines not reliable?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed this as well and it is because of improper earthing. What you're experiencing (tingling/buzzing) is actually current. You can get a surge protector.

Upvote 0
@Samuel how earthing will work if I don't have the third pin on my charger it is two pin charger no third pin then how will the ground work? Have you got a three pin charger?

Upvote 0
I should've been more clear.

From what I've read online, even if you plug in the stock two pin charger to an extension cord which has three pins (grounding/surge protection), you won't experience this tingling any longer.

Upvote 0
@Samuel I have Belkin surge protector plugged and checked my home pc also running (cpu metal case no shock or anything) still feeling the micro vibration. 3pin extension cord of Apple cost a lot is that the only solution to this? How did you solve yours?

Upvote 0
I do have these issues in all my metal based devices. Xps13, macbook air and right now typing this from new precision 7560.. all has same behavior. I mainly notice when you run your fingers across metal body. All the laptops including macbook air using 3pin plugs only and the behaviour is same across different locations(work, home, native(home and inlaws home 😀). So i'm not sure this can be due to earthing issue.

And if you keep one hand/palm in the metal body and try to move another hand fingers across the body, then this vibration will not be there.

P.S. I've usb-c 65w charger from HP and Lenovo, both alternatively i use with xps13 and macbook air.. in fact i've not even opened the macbook air charger yet 🙂

Upvote 0
I do have these issues in all my metal based devices. Xps13, macbook air and right now typing this from new precision 7560.. all has same behavior. I mainly notice when you run your fingers across metal body. All the laptops including macbook air using 3pin plugs only and the behaviour is same across different locations(work, home, native(home and inlaws home 😀). So i'm not sure this can be due to earthing issue.

And if you keep one hand/palm in the metal body and try to move another hand fingers across the body, then this vibration will not be there.

P.S. I've usb-c 65w charger from HP and Lenovo, both alternatively i use with xps13 and macbook air.. in fact i've not even opened the macbook air charger yet 🙂
yes keeping a palm resolve the issue should I be concerned about this? Apple have done cost cutting by not giving a three pin adapter the earthing point is there but they have not supplied a three pin prong. Is earthing not important to such valuable devices why such big companies are ignoring this.

Upvote 0
@Samuel I have seen all these videos I want to know from you sir because you have bought MacBook Air M1 recently and are you facing the same issue or not if not and I am facing then I have to contact Apple for this faulty thing.

And if you have resolved this than how without three pin its not possible. I want to know your opinion sir. Are you not concerned about your laptop getting damaged by this issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
For the sake of testing it, I plugged the charging brick into an extension and I can't feel the charge.

However, upon plugging into a wall socket, I can feel it.

As I said earlier, I don't use my notebook while it's on charge so I am not really bothered about this issue.

P.s there're grounding issue at my home at some sockets. I am well aware of that.

Upvote 0
I don't this issue should concern us. I am sure the earthing at my house is properly done. And since there are only two pins, earthing is irrelevant. I may be wrong though.

Upvote 0
@Samuel dear sir I have done everything I have two Belkin 6 socket surge protector also checked my earthing of my house I am an electrical engineer so I know to to check earthing (plugging live and earth) everything is ok earthing is fine. Nothing seems to be solving this problem. As far I know there should be a third pin or the earth pin in the charger then only earthing will work. I have got two pin charger so if you have got 3 pin then let me know.
Next what shall I do please help.
Thank you

Upvote 0
@royalroy yes two pin so its not possible because no third pin to connect to earth. My concern is as it is DC current output and low value it should not create such thing may be I am wrong but if it is leaking ac from the charger then it is a concern but not getting shock also keeping the palm on the body and after that if I move my finger then it solve this issue.
Do you have MacBook Air M1?

Upvote 0