I want to buy MacBook Air M1 but have some doubts need help.

• Thread starter Thread starter supukabi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 4,002
ISP
BSNL Adsl
I am thinking of buying M1 MacBook Air but one thing that stopping me from buying this one is what will happen after 1 year if it becomes faulty. I know Apple care plus but it is too expensive I can not spend extra money other than the laptop. Currently I am using iPad6th gen bought in 2019 it is working like the day 1 I bought it till now. I haven’t faced a single problem on this, battery backup is still like new 12hrs. So can you suggest me what shall I do? Are these machines not reliable?

Last edited by a moderator:
But why Apple provides 2 pin only? It won't save them a lot of money and there is risk of damaging the device.
It’s the Indian electrical code. Apple sells 3 pin in other countries. In fact you can buy the 3 pin part itself separately. Not that it’ll do any good if your entire electrical circuit at home is not earthed from the main distribution box itself.

Upvote 0
Earthing is not related to the distribution box but with a deep earth pit.

Upvote 0
For the air, try to get 45w as minimum though 30w should work as well.

Upvote 0
When connected to a 60W USB PD charging source, we can see that the Apple 13" MacBook Air (2020) actually pulls a maximum of 47.5W for much of the 0 to 70% battery charging period. Initially the Mac max temperature on its surface gets up to a hot 50 deg C but settles to 40 deg C later.
After 70% charge, the Apple 13" MacBook Air (2020) starts to reduce its power to help improve battery life, and it takes about 104 minutes to fully charge the Mac.
Source

50W PD Charger - 1.7 hours to fully charge the battery.
Stock 30W Charger - 2.8 hours.

Upvote 0