I want to buy a Dual band router

ISP
Railwire, Airtel 4G
Currently I have my router (iBall router given by LCO) and ONU setup at ground floor. I have extended a LAN wire from this router to my room in first floor. It's a small room. But this restricts mobility and can't disconnect laptop from Lan as there is very low wifi range.

So I am thinking to buy a Dual band router that i will use at ground floor and move old router to first floor and connect it via present Lan cable.

So my first question - Is it possible to connect another router this way and use wifi at first floor?

I have found two routers as per Amazon reviews:
TP-Link AC750 Dual band router (Rs 1400)
Tplink AC1200 Archer C6 (Rs 2300)

Which would be a good choice considering my scenario? Or any other option available.

Anyone?

Upvote 0
@ch@ndlerbing I have a similar setup. I have wired Fiber ONT(ONU?) connecting to my Archer C6.
C6 connects to two desktops and an old TP-Link Router(single band) thats in the middle of the house to extend the range.

It sucks though that C6 is dual band but the old one isn't, so only when in range of C6 my devices are connecting to 5Ghz or they connect to the old TP Link router's 2.5Ghz frequency. But it all works fine though.

As @opomiyulen said, make sure the other router is in repeater mode.

And if you want to make the devices to easy and quick switch between both routers as you move around the house, you can make sure that the SSID and password are same for both routers this way it would switch seamlessly.

Upvote 0