I want to buy a computer chair

• Thread starter Thread starter Jonas
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 3,757
ISP
Excitel
Airtel & Vi
The one that I have right now has one major issue, it's squeaky. And it's getting bad with each passing day.

I am using a chair made by some local manufacturer and is around 2 years old. Any input is highly appreciated.

Check the Amazon basics diff range. I am using one brought from prime day sale 2 years back.
Though it has few drawbacks here n there but nothing major to complain about and still comfortable.

Upvote 0
I used one for over a decade which had foam for both the seat & back rest. And I can tell you that a foam backrest is extremely hot & uncomfortable. Now you get one with backrests with a perforated fabric of some type which allows ventilation. You might see these types in banks & offices. I suggest you go for this type.

Upvote 0
I've this sort of a chair right now. I guess I should get it repaired if it's possible.

1589220462812.png

Upvote 0
squeakiness should be fixable with machine oil at the right places. i have been looking for a chair for a while too. the one i have right now falls down (shocker gives up probably because of weight and i slid down to the lowest height setting) on a random basis. i have gotten the shocker part replaced but it does not last for more than a few months so it is a recurring expense. probably would get one of the basic four legged chair eventually. no wheels but at least the thing would last for ever.

Upvote 0
I was thinking about investing in a good chair because Corona has increased screen time a lot. I've started doing exercise for posture, so that should obviously help. Shouldn't be asking this, but how much do a person have to weigh to change the shocker that often?

Upvote 0
Could be just a quality issue. Some companies do have a weight rating for their chairs. Amazon's mid range model was 110KG last time I checked.

Upvote 0
read the fine print lol. my chair is also from durian. after first year, you pay for visit and parts iirc.
For the remaining Four years from the date of expiry of the First year, Durian shall only be liable to provide repair services in regard to any malfunction or defect to the goods/materials, at the cost to the customer including component cost. Repair and rectification work shall be done on the basis of the volume of the work; if in the event, the repair is of minor in nature, the same shall be done at your place. In the case of major rectification work, the product has to move to our branch Service Centre. Necessary charges shall be applicable for the same. The estimated time period for Repair/Replacement of the damaged part shall always subject to availability of the particular part in the warehouse of the Durian. Warranty will be governed by the Terms & Conditions as mentioned on the Invoice.

Upvote 0
best is to buy from a local store. easier to get repairs done. i had ordered a chair from urban ladder. it was slanted from day one. they sent a person to try to fix it. could not be fixed as per my satisfaction. they ended up taking it back after a few months of constant arguments. i have basically accepted the fact that basic chairs would not work out for me because of my weight lol.

Upvote 0
@Samuel did you buy any? I am looking for one for myself. Mine is about 20yrs old revolving chair. The cushion on the bottom is gone now. Have about 9hrs/day of work.

Upvote 0
Those shockers do not last after getting replaced. Weight doesn't matter much.

If you can some hack to fix the shocker at a higher height.

Upvote 0