I need your suggestions to buy a new Wifi Router

• Thread starter Thread starter mahindar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 12,640
Hi friends

Never had any experience with WiFi router. After a search I finally fixed to buy D-Link 2750u. I don't know whether it has any successor later or may be there is any other best router at this same price range. I would like to know your suggestions.
I'm having these devices PC,laptop,Symbian mobile.
Also if you have a D-link 2750u please share your experience.
- How much speed it gives for File transfer rate between mobile-laptop,mobile-computer and laptop-computer?
- What is the speed of USB port?

Thank you
Regards
Mahindar

I do not think D-Link 2750u is a good model. Get a TP-Link instead.

sorry for that I'm new to this forum and haven't read rules yet. I won't repeat it again.
and coming to wifi routers I would like to know the average file transfer rates between devices for different routers.

would depend upon a lot of factors...

wireless networks your devices support a/b/g/n/ac
quality of signal for wireless devices
configuration

yes all my devices support n.
I'm more concentrating on
- file transfer between devices(laptop,pc,mobile)
- usb port (what price it needs to get a usb 3.0. I think i can't get it at 2500/-) and how much speed does a usb 2.0 give

what exactly now i'm thinking is. if they are giving very low speeds then i will buy a normal router for now and later i will go for a better device with (usb 3.0,lan gigabit,if possible ac also). That is the reason i'm asking about the speeds. So those devicesdon't become useless for me.

Google tells me:

802.11n - 40-50 Mbps typical, varying greatly depending on configuration, whether it is mixed or N-only network, the number of bonded channels, etc. Specifying a channel, and using 40MHz channels can help achieve 70-80Mbps with some newer routers. Up to 100 Mbps achievable with more expensive commercial equipment with 8x8 arrays, gigabit ports, etc.