I Need Help

• Thread starter Thread starter skitzz1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,479

skitzz1

Ok guys , i have sify's 64 kbps unlimited plan . I am a regular online cs player . I used to get good pings ranging from 30-40 on indian servers . But nowadays , i get horrible ping usually above 200 . I scanned my pc for viruses and spyware alike . But its virtually clean . Any suggestions would be appreciated .

try pinging other indian servers and check the ping..

try pinging www.yahoo.co.in .. . i get a response of 20ms from tis.

its the same everywhere . How do i ping yahoo ? :mellow:

well i tried typing ping www.yahoo.co.in in start -> run , i got request timed out . Dunno if its the right method to do it though 🤔

Code:
ping [url]www.yahoo.co.in[/url] -t
though i think sify servers have blocked "ping" command. try the above 1 .

i wuld also like to know the server ip whr u play cs. ur cs version and if its a steam server or non-steam??

airtel gives me 80-90 ms.

i have 1.6 steam and i play at the v-street and fragshack servers . Im no noob at this , ive ben playing for some time now . But this ping problem has started quite recently . And katpasin , that didnt work . Request timed out 🙁

Latest on sify

Pinging www.yahoo-ht2.akadns.net [209.73.186.238] with 32 bytes of data

Reply from 209.73.186.238: bytes=32 time=368ms TTL=49
Reply from 209.73.186.238: bytes=32 time=368ms TTL=49
Reply from 209.73.186.238: bytes=32 time=367ms TTL=49
Reply from 209.73.186.238: bytes=32 time=394ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 209.73.186.238:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 367ms, Maximum = 394ms, Average = 374ms

You know of any non-steam servers ?? I used to get around 20-30ms pings to yahoo.co.in and google.co.in... but now when I chk it, its ALWAYS 250ms+ Btw, do let me know if therez any non-steam servers (probably a chinese server or something) -- Please do PM it to me 🙂

no i dont know any non steam servers sorry . But please guys , i need an answer . Nowadays the ping to v-street servers and servers in the US is the same lol . This surely has to be some problem with sify cuz this problem has started occuring so suddenly . And there is no spyware or virus infection as well :huh:

thrs nothing much u can do about it..ur operator has blocked "ping" command. so thr is no way u can know if thrs ne packet loss taking place..keep complaining to ur isp, until they do sumthing about it.

ok heres something for a change . For the last 3-4 days , the pings become normal at night ie after 7-8 pm . But for the rest of the day , they remain very high . So i assume this has to be because of traffic on sify servers . But surely if this is the case , then i should have faced this same problem before as well , but that never happened . I tried telling this to the local internet provider . But all he did was blame the rains for this and wasnt ready to do anything .

its purely a congestion problem. had it been a rain problem it should not have worked fine at night.