• Thread starter Thread starter dr_salah007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,710

dr_salah007

ISP
BSNL
..Hi,
I m a doc n dont know much about all these stuff.
I m using bsnl dataone broadband connection.And modem is Adsl 2+ Modem/Router.
I want to knw the maximum length of the ethernet RJ-45 cable dat can b used.Actually i want to share my connection with my brother living one block away.it will be atleast 25meters apart.So keeping the modem in my house can i take an ethernet cable connected to my modem and use it at his place??Will it support??
Thre r 4 ethernet ports and a WiFi router.
I m using WiFi.

If i do so will the speed decrease??
Small difference in speed is fine coz i use net mostly to chat with my parents n friends..

Plz reply Soon...🙁

yes it should work.search in wiki for Cat 6e cable🙂Speeds should not be a lot different from your wifi.

@drsalah_2007Welcome to Broadbandforum.in. Option 1: use the rj45 cable as mentioned in your post. Option 2 : Please take your laptop to your brother's block. See whether you can access Internet. ( or test with a cordless phone Intercom )Your brother can also go WIFI ! Option 3 : If Broadband connection is on your telephone line take an extn Rj11 connection ( telephone cable) to your brother's block. set up the modem there and check whether you can use your laptop in your block . Option 4: same as 3 above. but use another modem in your brother's block. but only one can use the Internet at a time. Option 2 will be ideal if it works ! ( security settings to be made )

..Hi,
I m a doc n dont know much about all these stuff.
I m using bsnl dataone broadband connection.And modem is Adsl 2+ Modem/Router.
I want to knw the maximum length of the ethernet RJ-45 cable dat can b used.Actually i want to share my connection with my brother living one block away.it will be atleast 25meters apart.So keeping the modem in my house can i take an ethernet cable connected to my modem and use it at his place??Will it support??
Thre r 4 ethernet ports and a WiFi router.
I m using WiFi.

If i do so will the speed decrease??
Small difference in speed is fine coz i use net mostly to chat with my parents n friends..

Plz reply Soon...🙁
you can go up to 100 mtr with cat5e.i am with the same kind of setup using 55 mtr cable and the speed depends on usage ie. downloads/voice/video etc. the bandwidth will be equally distributed between both of you.

rj 45 working upto 100 mts and wireless working upto 30mts with a proper configuration it is poissible mormally adsl 2+ type4 modem supports more than 100 users in a sigle mdem combination of wired( rj 45) and wireless(wi-fi) you must follow set your pc ip with 192.168.1.5 sub net mask as 255.255.255.0 default gateway to 192.168.1.1 entre in side of the modem with IE address as 192.168.1.1 put user id as admin pswd as admin 1.dhcp "on" and set ip pool with (192.168.1.3 to 192.168.1.254) 2. put your user id and pswd ie (bb account )on the modem restart the modem en joy

most wifi modems support 90 connections at a time!!rj45 option is quite good!!