• Thread starter Thread starter indian1947
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 26
  • Views Views 6,243

indian1947

ISP
Airtel 2mb
Yes guys thats true,
I had high ping to europe.battle.net but with mtnl i had good latency so i called customer care EVERY DAY and next day the guy comes to my house and he knows nothing what latency is and what i am trying to tell him he looks at me and laugh. Then i write emails nothing happens i call again and again write email and email guys come and go out but LATENCY IS SAME. I finally gave up after one month but I SUGGEST YOU ALL NEVER TAKE AIRTEL BROADBAND.

thats how the system works... u complain - they send a guy - unable to rectify ur complaint - 1st they laugh at complain (if they cann't understand) and then at u - and if u get irritated, and then start irritating Airtel (or any Service provider), they offer to close down ur connection and refund the one time fees/deposit - and then u're left with nothin..one is very clear, a complain is very valuable feed-back for the company (and thats true - atleast for the private service providers were there's no monopoly ), and if they cann't rectify then its there defect with the service provider, unrelated to nature of complain.as regards to ur complain, i believe its routing specific and they jus can re-route the traffic from and of ur area as whole jus to satisfy only u (out of all BB users - there are less than 5 % serious gamers- i think) - best possible solution - grow ur local community which is on Airtel for gaming - and then complain collectively.. - that MIGHT help....

well if there are good number of gamers within india may be we can arrange some game servers, costs we shall calculate later. I am not a gamer myself so you may need to tell what you need , how much latency and what games. and may be what features etc..., if it requires we can open new thread to address the requirements

Yeah...Airtel ain't good anymore I think. Today I placed my request to get Airtel BB disconnected. I'm really sick of that 1:4 ratio funda. I don't have time to go to consumer court. I'm getting it disconnected and will get back to good ol' MTNL...

i have found it very hard to get an airtel phone connection disconnected. broadband is easy... the telephone line is very hard.

My game is wc3 and i play on europe.battle.net ( used to play with mtnl cuz i had around 230 ping which is bad but no choice ) but with airtel i get 400 ping to this server and to asia.battle.net 500+ with mtnl also 500+ ::wall: AIRTEL SUCKS! I NEED AROUND 100 LATENCY TO PLAY REALLY! OR ITS DELAY!! PLEASE HELP I PROMOTE INDIA IN THESE COUNTRYS

asia is known to be of high ping, however europe is supposed to be in order of 200 to 250, from airtel, i did a ping of neighbour ip of europe battle.net got like 212ms

i have found it very hard to get an airtel phone connection disconnected. broadband is easy... the telephone line is very hard.

Why is it so?

because some or the other charges are always left pending... they just wont let you clear the charges at that point. you have to wait for the billing cycle to end to receive your latest bill...then there is the problem of returning the instrument and the modem.

man 212 is a really nice ping but i never get it under 300 i dont know why my wires are fine, modem is fine/ no virus /no firewall / ports open /also tried opendns / called customer care more than 100 times / but i think i cant do anything 🙁(

If all your hardware connections are good and you still get high pings then its to do with the provider and the network they provide. I really doubt there is much you can do other than going with an ISP that can provide better pings, which to me sounds like a premium service.

If the gaming community increases and i can't see why it won't, ISPs might consider it as an extra revenue generator and start offering this option with corresponding price 🙂

But you may be in for a long wait, the amt of ppl with internet connections in the whole country is still under 10million, which in comparison to the total is minute. Add to that only 5% is into serious gaming and thats for the whole country.

How much are these folks in the half million willing to pay above std price for the service ?

that figure gets bandied about over the yrs in various fora, i have no proof as to it's veracity but 'feel' its not far from reality

Alternatively use a singapore server, airtel has to have the best pings to .sg compared with anyone else as thier line from the tamil state goes direct to there. Getting to Europe, is much harder, do a traceroute and notice how far that packet has to go before it reaches there.

Most likely it has to go via the US, sometimes you might get it to go via the gulf but its long way to go. Hmm, in that case what about US, Canadian & Australian servers, won't they necesarrily be better than european ones.

preferred DNS server=202.56.224.153alternate DNS server=59.144.127.17this is what in mine dns settingwell its depend on area where u live the service of any isp,sometime ago bsnl rocks here for me,but now its sucks like hell here:wall:,i changed to airtel ,i got what i want, low ping always 220-240ms at setti server of counter strike source and for usa server i got constant 350 ms,and most imp constant connection whole time,i didn't feel a single disconnection yet,airtel cc is awesome,in bsnl really dumb people don't understand problem,here when he came in mine home to install modem of airtel i stoppted him for 3 hours and did whole settings of port forwarding for every programme in front of him in beetel bx1 which is also free from airtel,and he said he will not go until i told him that i am satisfy with all settings,so very good cc,i gave 10/10 for mine new airtel connection:thumbsup: