I just applied for a new Bsnl connection...

• Thread starter Thread starter Hawk_eyes
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 30,181
ISP
BSNL
Can someone tell me how much time bsnl will take to isntall a new connection at my home? btw the guy at bsnl exchange told me that i can get things done quickly if i go talk to the SDO on monday should i go and talk to that guy?... and i play a lot of online games like DotA 2, RIFT etc. So can someone tell me how are the pings?...

It can be done in a week if they are efficient. But expect one month delay. Pings are not good on BSNL, but better on local servers.

If I remember right, took me about 2 weeks to get mine installed when I shifted home last year. I was not too concerned because I have a reliance wll phone, but I did have to call the sales executive a couple of times to get it done. Also for the parallel extensions and internal wiring which already existed, I had to threaten to cancel my booking if they do not connect to the internal wiring that already existed in this house.

Not sure. BSNL is not generally considered good for games due high pings.

BSNL is one of the best net available. You need to consider few factors while taking bsnl connection.
1. Do not take limited data usage connection. At one or other time you will cross the limit and you will get more bill.
2. Some times wire line has problem. But if you complain problem will be solved within 2-3 days. If you have phone number of line repairer ask him to do it immediately and give 40-50 Rs. He will do it as you phone him.
3.Ask the installation person for complete download and upload speed.
4. It is better than all other private internet service providers.

Unless you are on local indian servers you won't be getting low pings. This is the way BSNL works!
I got mine few days back and it took me a whole one month to get it.
1 june (Submitted the form) -(and got the connection on) july2 😀

I got the connection in one day flat technically speaking. But I had to wait for the BSNL guy to come back from his vacation for 2 weeks first.

BSNL sucks for online gaming. Go with Airtel if available in your area. Or i promise you, you will end up pulling all your hair out in frustration. Unstable and very high pings, frequent tripping and connection loss, packet loss..... you will spend majority of time restarting the games or lagging, rubber banding and disconnecting.

No bsnl uptime is very good. But, yes, the pings are on the higher side (can be very high at times)

I have a tool wich reduces the pings, i was just worried about the uptime... cause i hate it when internet disconnects when I'm in middle of a game...

ooh. you can magically take your modem several thousand kilometers nearer to the gaming server?

Lol watch this that's how i reduce my pings, wtfast is an amazing software i know you didn't even heard of it... you can call it magic if you want xD

Last edited by a moderator:
Hawk_eyes said:
I have a tool wich reduces the pings, i was just worried about the uptime... cause i hate it when internet disconnects when I'm in middle of a game...

The problem is packet loss. Run your ping from 2 pm on wards and see how many request timed out errors you get. WTFast only helps if your ping is high but even it can not overcome the packet loss. It works better in night times though.
As far as uptime is concerned i am sure i wasn't the only one here whose connection was tripping and disconnecting on daily basis. We are not on fibre network so for those who are on copper wires, it is not the same. So no i won't say up time is very good. For it to be very good it has to go interrupted for weeks not a day or two.