i have shifting problems? should i go with their promise?

• Thread starter Thread starter saneesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 3,269

saneesh

ISP
airtel 256 unlimited
i am presently residing at anna nagar ,chennai and using unlimited 256 kbps..i am on a rented house and i took the broadband connection with my house owners address proof as i dont have any address proof.now i am shifting my home to ullagaram (both places are in chennai (21 kms)) and the connection feasibility on the new place is available and the executive said "your request is taken and your connection will be shifted on 5 days"and they responded quickly , but my problem is i dont have any address proofs with me as i am a student and my new house owner refused to give his address proof for billing address as he is fearing that giving address proof is danger for him .. i said this matter to the executive and also said him "it is not possible for me to give my new address proof so disconnect the connection.".but he said "this is nothing to worry sir we will talk to authorities about this"then there is no reply from him ,then i once again called customer care and described this problem and he said "delivering bill to the new address without submission of the new address proof is not possible at all and all your bills will go to the old address u gave to receive the connection "..my problem starts here i gave 20,000 rupees as advance to old house owner to rent the house and he took mne internet connection with his address proof and now he says that i should clear all the formalities with the airtel connection .then only he will give back my 20,000 rupees or else he wont..if airtel guys start sending bill to my old house then i wont be able to receive 20,000 rupees from that house owner..what should i do now? the customer care guy also said that my connection will be shifted within 5 days as feasibility is available ..but i have no address proof for the new address ..what to do now? i need help from u brothers ,whether i can believe the airtel guys who said to deliver the bill at new address or disconnect the connection ?is that possible to get bill to the address without address proof?i need real solution brothers🙁🙁

get your connection temporary disconnected... clear all bills and get a NOC from them, give it to ur old landlord n get ur 20k... and then ask them to shift connection to the new house.... also, as u're renting the new one also, the deed (rent deed) is good enough for proof of residency...

thanks brother ..but what is that NOC? i dont know what is it mean ? i am a noob please help 🙁

as far as i know NOC = No Objection Certificate

@members/saneesh/Advice by @members/ashishgoel/ is the best.Surrender your Airtel connection. With NOC or full settlement of acct from Airtel, Get the Advance from the Landlord.He seems to be an ignoramus , as he is not responsible for any bills you don't pay , unless he has signed an agreement or surety with Airtel.Move to new address . and try for Airtel connection. The telephone number also will change. Worst case scenerio you may lose Security Deposit ( Rs 500/= ???) with Airtelfor the old connection.Go personally to nearest Airtel Customer Care center and clarify the matter.They hate to lose a customer ! Only for billing you can give some friend's address (preferably with an Airtel cellphone connection). For software engineers as tenants , Airtel accepted their office address/identity card details as proof. and the Landlord never signed any document. For security reasons, ISP's must have some link to trace an individual. For instance for a cellphone connection Photos are a MUST.What about your TATA Sky DTH connection ? Who will shift the connection ?

as rightly pointed out - NOC = No Obj Cert / or All Dues Clear Certificate