I have BSNL's 256 kbps DataOne plan... and questions?

• Thread starter Thread starter Thundaar
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1,835

Thundaar

ISP
BSNL
I'm paying 827 rupees per mo. (incl. VAT).Is it a fair price to pay for this connection (Manipal, Udupi District, Karnataka, IN)?I might upgrade to the 512 kbps, but a friend in Bangalore suggests that I should wait until January because BSNL is upgrading its speeds (1350 per mo. w/o VAT). Should I believe him?Is there a charge to upgrade the service?What do you guys suggest I do for most bang for the rupee internet service? BSNL isn't really that great. Not for downloading, anyway.Any suggestions, or comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

No one can predict that when the plan upgrade will happen. Even if there is an upgrade, UL 750 may get 384 Kbps. Better switch to UL 1350 if you want more speed. Or if you are not particular about unlimited, choose Home 500, 500 C or 500 C+. They have up to 2 Mbps speed but there is a download limit.

No one can predict that when the plan upgrade will happen. Even if there is an upgrade, Unlimited 750 may get 384 Kbps. Better switch to Unlimited 1350 if you want more speed. Or if you are not particular about unlimited, choose Home 500, 500 C or 500 C+. They have up to 2 Mbps speed but there is a download limit.

I download A LOT. One of the perks of coming to India, I thought, would be the nullification of danger in downloading. Unfortunately, with these speeds, it's no wonder that there's no established law for downloading.

What is the download limit? Cause there isn't a way in hell that I'm accosting myself to 10 GBs a month.

I'm thinking I'll go for 1350, but will there be a charge for upgrading? Also, what will the upgrade in speed do? Make 512 kbps -- 768 kbps? Will it occur automatically, or do I have to take action when it happens.

Either way, that speed upgrade still sucks. What about other alternative companies? Which one can give me high speed unlimited download for a reasonable price?

Try Airtel or Reliance. While switching to UL 1350, you will be charged one month rent as advance. Once you switch to the plan, speed change will occur automatically.