I dont have recharge in my Airtel Xstream Fiber but my internet is working what should I do?

Since you have used it for 90 days for free can you tell me have they charged you anything extra?
No they just gave me adjustment and make the account running

I asked them to upgrade my connection to 1 Gig and it is been in progress for the past week. The call centre said it is due to a 'cable issue'. My connection remains stuck at 300 Mbps and I am unable to renew my connection as the plan change has not occured yet. Oh well, it's been working without any payment the prepaid subs expired on the 10th.

I didn't recharge airtel this month because I wasnt going to be at my apartment, yesterday I came back to apartment and as a surprise, airtel was working with 1Gbps up and down, though in airtel app, it is saying 0 Validity 0 Balance. Today is 1 complete month after recharge finished.

He thanks for the reply.
I am just concerned about would they charge me anything? What should i do now?
No but when ever you will recharge it gonna adjust with the previous amount due. Then you can call customer service wnd explain that you recharged but the amount is not posted in my account they will add it manually.

Hey guys as I said in the title I have no recharge in my Airtel Xtreme fiber. The App shows 0 validity but my internet is still working what should i do? Is anyone else facing the same issue? I am really concerned about this can someone help me regarding this? Thanks.

@That Guy Do yo have a pre-paid account? If yes, then it would keep on working till certain predefined amount of time and then go into a negative balance which would be adjusted from your next recharge as of when you do it.

@yougotmehere i do have a prepaid plan. What i am concerned about is will they charge me anything extra? A sort of fine or anything like that? Because i have been using it for free for a week now. I am really concerned about this.

Last edited by a moderator:
@nishantt6969 Same here. I had pre-paid 3 months for a 100mbps Airtel Plan which got activated on Dec 11th 2021..... Now today it's 11th March 2021, exactly 90 days....and today the internet should expire, but I am having exact same experience - 1Gbps Speeds.

How ever, here are the weird things with Airtel I observed

1. I am getting Gigabit Speeds now.
2. First I got message in Feb saying my internet will be expiring on 11th of march, then from past 7 days I am getting message that it will expire on 12th of March, and suddenly yesterday on 10th of march, I got a message saying that it will expire on 10th oof march itself.
And now that's what probably happened and now the speeds are 1Gbps.
3. Airtel website displays bill cycle up to 8March with Due date of bill as 18th March but Due amount being -91.78 INR ( -ve one ) while the Airtel Thanks app shows Internet pack has expired and Rs 28 as Account Balance.

As I live in a Tier 2 City - Aurangabad ( Maharashtra ) - and the landline/VoIP feature doesn't work, So I can say I am on Advanced Rental Plan, and not postpaid bill cycle.

As others said, it maybe due to LCO's fault that internet stays active. But in my case I can confirm, that I am getting it from Airtel and not LCO because here's the long story short.

In my city, there is an ISP called Gazon Fiber or Gazon Communications. So I have been using it since 7 years now, the service was very good. I was using 1Gbps Plan since about 2018. The Prices were cheap - costed about 1000 Rs a month incl taxes, (no OTT apps), the services were also good.
Also this ISP had many other Sub-ISPs taking Internet from them which I got to know while talking with the installation team guys whenever they visited for providing new connection nearby or if the cable got cut.
But I started experiencing much downtimes in Lockdown as these Sub-ISPs had got many more customers, so I finally decided to shift to Airtel.

So when I opted for Airtel Xtreme Fiber, as you all know, the 1st payments related team was from Airtel.
The 2nd team who was doing the installation was from a Local ISP. This Local ISP was a Sub-ISP of my original Provider Gazon, which I knew. So I casually asked them if these people are still using Gazon. That is when those guys told me that now they were relying on Internet from Lease lines of Airtel and Tata because they experienced the same issues of downtime.

So Clearly, in my case there was no such thing as LCO.

Then I asked these Guys if the OLTs are at offices of Airtel or other ISPs, ( bcause there's no big office of Airtel in my city as far as I know )
They told me that OLTs are located anywhere, not just office.

That is when I got to know, that these days there has been a lot of change. Now each tower has equipment of multiple service providers like VI, Airtel, Jio , BSNL. Earlier the towers had a single generator, now even that has changed, there are huge batteries in the cabinets of Jio/ Airtel or others and as well as this generator. Usually majority of Towers in India are built by Indeus Towers. Here's a Video explaining about Jio's ODC equipment. It's much convenient for them to Wire it all at the same place. And here's another video taken at some tower, where OLT's are kept

So maybe they also lease the underground fiber cables between each other as the requirements change. So for Big telecos, its cheaper to have OLT at nearest Base Station of Tower and connect the nearby area, but they still need a sizeable amount of customers. But they save much on cabling long routes over the ground ( which is I guess not legal ) and thus have higher reliability.

So I guess, its some fault with Airtel's System.

Last edited:
Enjoy free internet, its because of a loophole in airtel system, not OLTs. If you can check, it will show order is pending. Only one order can be in process at a time, and I asked them to change my static IP which they didnt do, so my connection from their side is suspended(in airtel system) but their system doesnt detect my ONT.

Yes, upon clicking Safe Custody, it does show Order Pending. I had even removed - TR069, CWMP and ACS ( Auto. config server ) from config file, so even now the ONT doesn't try to contact .

I have just one doubt though, does it affect CIBIL ( Credit Score ) ?

Maybe I have to contact them once, to truly confirm that it is Prepaid, as bill or rather statements are generated on monthly basis on airtel.in website.

No but when ever you will recharge it gonna adjust with the previous amount due. Then you can call customer service wnd explain that you recharged but the amount is not posted in my account they will add it manually.
@prithu mahajan - You are literally - legally getting internet for free for rest of the months. So This what I guess even your credit score doesn't get affected.. The system is blind anyhow, thinks that our connection isn't working anymore