I dont have recharge in my Airtel Xstream Fiber but my internet is working what should I do?

I didn't recharged for 3 months. mine prepaid (LCo). I recharged after 3 months. At that time it allowed to recharge only above 3months.
1 month is not available. No fine or any thing

on airtel site is is showing 534 due amount what is that if connection is on prepaid basis

@nishantt6969 LCO stands for local commercial operator..I am not sure about the exact nature of their commercial agreement. While BSNL, in Pune and other cities, has mostly LCO method of operation because they simply do not have the staff or the $$ to install/maintain cables and wire up buildings. I had contacted a BSNL LCO for a BSNL FTTH connection some years back for my residential area and he mentioned they buy bandwidth from BSNL and sell connections to residents under the BSNL brand. They are also responsible for providing ONTs, installation, technical support etc to their customers. I wasn't sure about the QoS they (the LCO) would provide given BSNL's own hassles and gave it a pass.

I believe other ISPs would have a similar type of agreement. Maybe it varies from city to city.

In fact when I got my connection I had to get this LCO/non LCO bit clarified from some Airtel engineers and they confirmed it is direct with Airtel. It was a relief TBH 🙂
My LCO has just to manage the cabling and all, engineers are from airtel directly. Direct airtel has set up everything, every machine in their server rooms. But I dont understand, how they are giving away bandwidth through a Tower?

My LCO has just to manage the cabling and all, engineers are from airtel directly. Direct airtel has set up everything, every machine in their server rooms. But I dont understand, how they are giving away bandwidth through a Tower?

Then this LCO isn't an LCO as you call him. He's probably a sub contractor for last mile technical support. These companies use sub-cons for cable installation and configurations of CPEs. The teams that did the cabling in my housing colony were sub-cons for sure as were the blokes who installed our individual connections. The only Airtel direct employees that came were engineers for the initial site survey and Sales team members for subscriber CAFs. Tata Sky also did this. Technical support field visits are by another set of sub cons who, if they can't fix the problem in person, escalate it to the Airtel/TS backend teams if required.

As to how they give bandwidth through a tower there maybe an OLT placed there. Not sure..each site is different and it's very difficult to say how they have set it up.

Hi all, I just wanted to know that if I won't recharge airtel fiber broadband for say 1-2 months, does airtel will disconnect my connection? And if I recharge after 1-2 months, do I need to pay some kind of fee or charges?

@sanketkashyap if it is directly from airtel, I don't know. But if it is through LCO, no, it works like a prepaid sim card, when you recharge, your internet works, when it expires, it doesn't work. So, it won't disconnect the connection. You can again recharge and use it.

@Chip and how is the bandwidth coming to the tower? through other connecting city via fiber? And so on till the whole world is connected?

@sanketkashyap if it is directly from airtel, I don't know. But if it is through LCO, no, it works like a prepaid sim card, when you recharge, your internet works, when it expires, it doesn't work. So, it won't disconnect the connection. You can again recharge and use it.
How to know if the connection is through LCO?

@sanketkashyap go to airtel broadband webpage and check the maximum speed plan for your city. If it is 300mbps, then your connection is via LCO.

@Chip and how is the bandwidth coming to the tower? through other connecting city via fiber? And so on till the whole world is connected?
Mostly by fibre but they may use high speed radio links too. For the exact config in your area you need to ask them.

@sanketkashyap since it's not listed you are probably connected via a LCO

I highly doubt if any wireless link is involved in this in the middle because it restricts the bandwidth. Idk why you think its coming from a tower , but if it is , it can be explained.

When the company pulls Fiber from one part of city to another , they pull a certain set of cables/strands of fiber. They all maybe terminating at the Airtel tower and then goes their BNG/ISP and then serves last customer.

Another possibility is Airtel also could have accomodated space for Broadband in the same Fiber line which is used for Tower also. That goes onto split in the Tower maybe. Switches and Routers are highly advanced these days and pulling this off is not a tough job.
Although this is rare but it can be achieved by changing wavelengths of the light to different nanometers hence accomodating multiple streams of data