• Thread starter Thread starter muttster`
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 688

muttster`

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Triband + TATA night u/l
Hi all..long time 🙂I have two triband 849NU's..I can access one account from the other line..Letme explain..I have two phone nos..say x and y..now I got a huge bill on line Y last year..Got it sorted out..I cant login using phone line Y..Phone line Y syncs in fine..but it doesnt get any IP..I can use the password for line Y..in line X..Unfortunately MTNL mumbai's 256k plan is for rs.2500p/m else I could've changed line Y's a/c to 256k u/l and used it to login from line X..hence 2mbps ul 🙁Just thought I would share!

I cant login using phone line Y
I can use the password for line Y..in line X..
1.Post your set up details.
Modems/routers , using Dialer/ number of ADSL splitters used etc
2.You can use both x and y in a SINGLE computer.
Use USB PORT and LAN port with TWO different modems. .
The higher speed connection will work usually.
If "x" fails "y" will take over.
3. Being MTNL both may fail at same time !!!

@moderator color selection not working in message form with You Tube icon ( FF 3.0.3 checking up. will try Opera later )

that a/c is somehow not port bound. simple.

Yes..it is not port bound..thats the thing.I don't have two modems now..using W200G adsl wireless router n sharing connection wirelessly..when I am running out of mb's in one a/c ..I switch to the other

Yes..it is not port bound..thats the thing.
I don't have two modems now..using W200G adsl wireless router n sharing connection wirelessly..when I am running out of mb's in one a/c ..I switch to the other
I switch to the other
How ?
Using ONLY LINE X.
1.Are you using dialer mode ?
2.Your userID is NOT different for line x and line y?
3 but passwords are different ?
4. Line Y now not at all connected to Internet ?
but used only for Phone use ?
5. No problem in usage accounting ?

Using ONLY LINE X.1.Are you using dialer mode ? Connected from router. PPPOE mode. 2.Your userID is NOT different for line x and line y? UserIDs are different.3 but passwords are different ? Passwords are different.4. Line Y now not at all connected to Internet ? Line Y syncs in but doesnt get me any IP. but used only for Phone use ? Yes, only phone.5. No problem in usage accounting ? No problems that I know of.I believe since my a/c was "Inactive" for so long (1 year plus) it didnt get port bounded when they implemented it 😛

.I switch to the other
Using PPPoE mode in LINE X.
Then everytime do you switch by
resetting in the modem WAN page and reenter
UserID/PW for line Y and back to line X ID/PW ?

As i understand MTNL userID is your phone number ,
and password your acct number .Please confirm.

seen you after long time!lucky your account isnt port bound. but not much use. 😛if you were in delhi, it would have been a different thing. 😡