i applied 4 Airtel Broadband 1 mbps leased line [1:1]

• Thread starter Thread starter kainrazial
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 32,635

kainrazial

ISP
reliance wimax
just couple of days i applied for an airtel 1mbps leased line. 1:1 ratioprice cost for per annum 1,40,000if u gona pay for monthly basic price cost 12000intial deposit 10000 rs additional.but this plan sucks, no value for moneywhat u will get in this plan is 1 mbps connecting speed, and u r data transfer will be download and upload is to be 128kBps.which we can get tat in normal 1mbps broadband ,can some one tell me wats the difference betwwen normal broadband and leased line,still we get same download speed in both normal and leased line, y the price is 5 times higher tat normal boradband.

oh well leased lines are no longer cool if you are just talking about 1-2mbps speeds. airtel already provide 1-2mbps unlimited connections that are not shared at all. you get top speeds all the time.

thanks for quick rep admin, i am doing home based job, i have to upload more than 4 GB files daily,i want a speed of 1024kBps upload speed, regarading tat i applied for tat connection but those dickheades still said tat i will get only speed of 128KBps upload speed

i understand your problem... airtel provides 512kbps uploads on 1-2mbps. some users have reported getting 1mbps uploads on these plans. i am not sure what they provide on 16mbps or 8mbps plans. if you can really pay around 10K per month for your internet connectivity, i would suggest getting multiple 1mbps plans. u can then find solutions to combine the speeds into a single line (or use multiple computers with those lines to upload the massive amount of data you deal with)!too bad, no player in the indian market 'publicizes' their upload speeds.

is this possible to combain 3 to 4 1mbps plan, iif so 128kBps* 4 if i did so can i get around 512 KBps, is there any option or any tutorials regarding tat, plz share, evevn i asked them abt 16mbps, they are using adsl2+ techno so no way i get tat much upload speed.thanks admin

512 kbps = 5.2734375 gigabytes per day

you can simply go for the regular airtel 1mbps plan and achieve the same for less than 2000 rupees a month!

----------

airtel 1mbps UL plans have 512kbps upload speeds.

512kbps not admin 512 kBps, i am looking for atleast this upload speednow i am getting 128 kBps upload i am using reliance wimax 1288 kbps plan, thanks,

😀 i totally misunderstood!

sorry. airtel does not provide 128kBps upload speeds on their residential plans.

as for leased lines... i am not sure if they can be combined (and whether it's worth it to get multiple leased lines).

from what i see. you can still upload 11.06 GB/day (gigabytes per day) on this connection. so what is the problem?

----------

what city are you in?

if you are in or around mumbai, you can get in touch with mgcarley (hayai broadband). he might be able to help you out. he is launching hayai on january 1 2010.

i got 6mbps pure i.e 1:1 and i am getting the same. Its a Optical Fiber connection

i think tata advertises its upload speed ... u can buy load balancing router and take multiple 1mbps lines

Isnt the major advantage of leased line the guaranteed speeds and freedom to redistribute the connection, as legally you cannot use the residential plans in an office , so if you are planning to distribute the connection to the whole office, it would cause problemsand its unlikely that airtel would give a residential plan in a commercial area

airtel does give out residential plans in commercial areas as long as you register it in an individual's name. it is insane to pay for leased line charges when DSL based connections are fast enough.

Yeah that is totally true. Who would want to pay a lakh a year for a broadband connection?

india sucks in bb. my friend in chez republic have plan of 100mbps d/10 mbps up cost just 2500 rs, india sucks a lot, noone in india evevn planning how to improve their infrastructure and provid bb for normal price,