• Thread starter Thread starter boygr8
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 2,950

boygr8

Regulars
ISP
MTNL Broadband
When I try to renew via their client, I see only cybercafe packs........starnge sify again....Anybody else in delhi having similar situation

Dunno, I am not using their clients. Why dont u contact your CTO for the renewal?

Ya now they have done this so. If ur usage is more i.e exceed 6-8 hrs a day or if u downlaod too much u will be put as commerical user and will not be able to renew next time under home user plan. I just confirmed this from my friend who is working at sify.

Well perhaps.....what happened that i hardly used 500 Mb in 1st 3 weeks bcoz of my exams and then i used the remaining 500 MB in 1 week.....perhaps Sify got overwhelmed and decided to put me in commercial cateogry.....fools they are....

:blink: They did have a Terms Of Service document the last paragraph of which stated that usage of more than 6 hours would be constued as commercial usage and Sify could disconnect the service at its will. But it was never mentioned by any CC or anyone at anytime in the last 1 year that has passed since I saw it the first time. Wonder what's up now.

Ok found it!

32.The service is exclusively for Home usage and not for commercial usage. Usage for more than 6 hours per day shall be commercial usage. Sify reserves the rights to disconnect the service without prior intimation, if the usage is found to be commercial.
[/b]