I am addicted to High Definition ...Sounds crazy right ?

• Thread starter Thread starter netuser123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 3,780
I got the OnePlus TV a few months back and I can only watch 4K content. If something is not available in India, I fire up the VPN and watch all the 4K content I want from catalogs from different countries on services like Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ and Hulu. HDR is also another thing that drives me towards watching high quality content because that stuff is just so pleasing, the colors and brightness just make the viewing experience so much better.
May I please know the name of the VPN service you are using ?

Yes OLED currently suffer from screen burn and low brightness issues.
Yes burn-in is a big issue but brightness ? er i don't think its an issue at all. I agree that OLEDs are not as bright as QLEDs but brightness alone does not make a tv better. The deep blacks from the OLEDs and the contrast will take your movie watching experience to the next level. I own a LG oled and its a visual treat when I play 4K HDR & dolby vision content. My friend who owns a samsung QLED regrets his purchase after seeing my OLED.

I am a movie buff and watch content in UHD/FHD on 4K TV. I also spend considerable time at laptop.

I am planning to switch to a new laptop. Existing one has 1080p 15.6'' screen. Does it make sense to spend on 4K 15.6'' screen or stick to FHD 15.6'' one?

Which laptops do you guys suggest? There is no gaming need. Usage is mostly for multimedia. A gorgeous 15'' screen and portability would do.

Difference between 4k and fhd can be detected on 15inch?

My 12.5" laptop screen has UHD. I can't go back to a laptop with FHD anymore. Individual pixels on FHD laptop screen are visible without even trying to look for it. The difference between QHD and UHD on a screen this small are a bit more subtle but not invisible.

I guess so... I could notice the difference comparing my old 24 inch FHD monitor with new 27 inch UHD display...

15 inch should also be noticeable...

Do some Jugaad for GSTIN . If you have a close friend who has a shop or something , you can give his address . Doesnt matter I guess or just fluke it like 999 something like that if it takes you to the checkout page

better talk to some friend who has it. you can save money as it can be shown as a business expense and there is a pretty nice credit in gst iirc.

Dell XPS 15 at Amazon or Flipkart is lower spec. It is non-touch screen, 16GB RAM(2 sticks of 8GB) with Win 10 Home.

Dell website lists 32GB RAM, UHD touch screen with Win 10 Pro. I prefer this config, but Dell says it is a business laptop and checkout needs a company name and GST number. Here I get stuck.

I bought a business AIO from Dell website last year... just open a chat (contact sales rep)... they gave me a temporary GST number to input and they processed the order which got delivered to my home in a few days. Try that?

They will use the ITC themselves for the tax paid.... The GSTIN would be of their allied firm or some friendly dealer.

Last edited: