I am about to take A.B.

• Thread starter Thread starter knak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 8,626

knak

Regular
😛 I live in bangalore since march last year now and since that time i am using SIFY BroadbandNow, since these dickwads started this new policy (> 150mb = 1 day < validity) i really think that i shoulld stop spending money and continue to be a customer @ these moronsI download the whole day, i reach easely

I dont think Airtel has a downlaod limit Regarding the latencies on asian servers, I have heard from another memebr who has an aritel 128kbps...he gets 50-60ms on asian servers...thats real kool for playing gamesRegarding downtimes..i dont think there are many..Our MOD might be able to give you the right f/b. He himself has and airtel 128kbps lineGo ahead and get Airtel and give us your f/b

airtel... it depends if the area has competition especially from BSNL. they are practically begging customers to continue with them. a friend of mine from bangalore says that the IRC is blocked in his region and airtel flatly refuse to enable it. go for the 128 unlimited plan for 1200 bucks. it is decent once you get the quirks cleared out.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Jun 4 2005, 06:44 AM
a friend of mine from bangalore says that the IRC is blocked in his region and airtel flatly refuse to enable it.

[snapback]11299[/snapback]
[/quote]

I wonder why this is ?

Thought it got cleared out..didn't some one say..that it was no longer an issue ?

the rate is indeed 900 but they charge 250 for rental for callings and 99 for modem.

i have already seen 3 fried modems due to heavy usage and power fluctuation. airtel replaces them for free. i think 99 bucks a month makes more sense.

Originally posted by thoufique@Jun 5 2005, 04:18 PM
hmm susubh its not so...i bought my modem. initially got a comptel.it got fried in 6 months and wen i cald the airtel ppl they replaced it for free with a Aztech 500U...now its been good for a year and a half w/o probs till now....they replace ur modem as long as u buy it frm them .

[snapback]11438[/snapback]
[/quote]

Modems getting fried in 6 months !!! Thats sounds a bit short, assumes the modem was not faulty to begin with.

Is it connected to a UPS ? , electronics dont like power fluctuations.

The other thing that comes to mind is lightning. Lightning might hit close by and send a surge down the wire, giving the modem a whack. However the odds of lightning actually hitting the wire are very low, if there are any higher targets around.

A surge suppressor might help, they sell power strips now that have them built in. connect to this first and then your modem.

And finally is the power outlet where the computer is attached, well grounded. Easy to test, connect the live and earth to a test bulb, it should light up. I learned this when one of my ISP's clients connected up to my hub. The hub only lasted 6 months and found it a bit odd. On accidentally touching the rj-45 cable connector coming from that client i got a shock and realised the grounding was faulty. That hub was being tortured for 6 months 🙁

If the above are satisfied, a modem should last much longer than 6 months, if not a few years.

Ive taken my descisionToday i received a call frm Airtel and i told this lady what i am facing now with Sify and i wanted to know if Airtel had some new policy changes in the near future,asked if they would go upset if i downloaded 24/7 on 128kbps... hger answers were ok i guess...Tomorrow a guy comes and god knows what he is goin to do... maybe install it right away?Anyway..Sify is done!!!

even if airtel changes their plan, u get to keep yours. that is how it is. they cannot change your plan without your permission. my friend is still using a plan which he took 3 years back. that plan no longer exists.

That is how its supposed to be yesBut after my Sickfy experience i just wanna make sure i dont get screwed up again 128kbps ... devided by 8 is 16kB/sis that exactly what u get?Are there no higher unlimited packages such as 256?Internet is so sad hereI was talkin with my little brother back home in Europe and he is downloading with 750kB/s on his 40 Euro/months package No download limitHe told me he got pissed off last time because his speed was slow, he only reached 400kB/s😀

norway sweden and most of the europe... heaven for internet users... if you are at the right place.

Originally posted by abdulrahman004@Jun 6 2005, 07:39 PM
Shift to europe at ur bro's  place  😀
[snapback]11593[/snapback]
[/quote]

My bro's place? its also my place B) im from Holland,
Just working here in India...

Not only in Europe but , S-Korea and parts of Asia have neat speeds
India is screwed with internet

SushubhNet Connection Type: Airtel Broadband 2x128kbps Package2x ?wots that mean? 256 connection?If they give me 256 for less than 2k a month,, i take it 😛