Huwaei Data Card Query

• Thread starter Thread starter meet6600
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 5,033

meet6600

ISP
Airtel
Hi,I am planning to get a 3G Datacard for Mobile Broadband on the Go for my Dad on his Laptop. Previously We have tried Reliance Netconnect + which was good and now MTS whose speeds have ranged from worst to excellent! Now I see and understand that there are many to choose from and Huwaei are the most preferred one's but my main concern is in case the Card goes bad what to do next? If I go for the unlocked modem's (which are the best as carrier locked devices are something everyone should avoid) most of the times it's a 6 month dealer warranty. I checked Huwaei's official list and found some good modem's as under and they have 1 year warranty with authorised service centre in uttam nagar which is very close to my area in vikaspuri. Now Please people help me in following things:1) If a buy those unoffical Modems from ebay will I get service or any support from Huwaei Authorised store's? I am willing to pay!2) I know that official one's have support but does any one have any idea how is the after sales of huwaei?I know there are really good modem's in the market but My Main concern is after sales or repairs please some one can help me on that or shed light on this topic? From previous posts I know which one to go for but as it would be with my dad I need to know what about official support and after sales. Please help and comment.(I liked Huwaei E303c and E303C hilink as they are official in india but please pour in your suggestions with good one's and some support in case my bad luck hits me as usual)ThanksDilmeet

Why are you worrying too much for a 1-2k modem. The chances of going bad is very thin. The hardware fault of these modems are very rare. The software issues are mostly fixable by re-flashing the latest firmware. I have bought an unlocked Huawei modem a yr ago from ebay. I don't have any problem till now. If you find a price difference of more than 500 between ebay n direct huawei. You can blindly go with ebay. If you endup with an issue unfortunately, the seller will mostly replace it with a new one. If you are still hesitating, then pick an ebay seller frm your or near by city. So you can deal with him directly if there is any issue ...

@DNA _UncutThanks for your response. Actually I am not worried but scared from my dad as last time We had got Reliance Net Connect + which had developed h/w fault after a year and even after checking it repeated twice and the second time company said that they can do nothing about it and he scolded me asking why I bought such a thing for 3500 bucks which is zero now! 🙁 I asked them what would be the repair costs but they were simply rude and didn't bother to resolve the matter. So to avoid such situation for my sake please let me know two things that's it:1) Does any one here as any experience with Authorized Huwaei Service Center I mean how is after sales support just in case for official devices?2) Does Huwaei provide paid support for unofficial devices like those from ebay or they simply refuse to repair such devices?I know the cost is less now but still I am answerable to him if these go kaput! 🙂Thanks

Just a tip, that E1732 can tend to get very hot on heavy usage.

if you already have a prepaid SIM from voda,Airtel etc, try a small DATA recharge and check if the speed is good at your place.
if not, try another operator.
I've Voda and Aircel, while only Aircel is able to work 3G on both floors, voda goes to 2G as soon as I go downstairs or in bad weather.
so with so many options your best bet is to first check your place for suitable 3G operator and coverage then subscribe a big pack.
If you pay 10GB to any operator upfront, and you have coverage problem in your house, you would only be frustrated with customer care as
they cannot solve and its not easy for any operator to widen the coverage, not even in a month or a year, as huge equipment cost is involved which would
need to be upgraded.

Seen from experience of vodafone, Airtel, reliance 3g in Delhi you will not get speeds above 5Mbps in any network. So there is not point getting a higher capability don't dongle.