• Thread starter damole
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 6,048
D

damole

ISP
DataOne
I have Tata Sky which I watch on my laptop via external AverMedia USB tv tuner. Now I can timer record on my laptop but it means I have to remember to leave the digicomp box on the right channel before I got out/go to sleep.

What I'd like to use is to the CI-8100PVR so I can watch one channel whilst recording another and set the box to record multiple programmes on different channels whilst I'm sleeping or out. I tried emailing Humax India but I haven't received a response yet.

Does anybody know if this PVR is available in India or of any alternatives?

--damole

S

surrealistix

ISP
You Tele
CI-8100PVR - looks like a good option - if someone has used it with Tata Sky - please share your experience.

An alternative solution could be Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-150.

It's a TV tuner which can control a set top box. It sends out channel change request to a set top box for recording scheduled tv programs.

I haven't used this product, but it's an interesting idea.

D

damole

ISP
DataOne
I've emailed Humax India, Singapore and UK but I've received no responses. It's not the most effective way to do business :-(. Maybe I'll have to bring one back with me the next time I return from going home to the UK.

SVK

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
ISP
Airtel 4G
If you can bring and use it here, its very good, but first please check that the Tata Sky smart cards are not paired with the STB we received & can be used with any Videoguard CI STB

V

vyomkeshacharya

ISP
Hathway
Hi, I am using Tata Sky and have recently got a Hauppauge usb tv stick. I dont know how to configure the two to work with each other. can any body help. what settings to do. a normal channel scan fails to give result. any help appretiated. regards, Vivek

G

gregory house

philosopher-in-chief
ISP
Reliance Dialup
Switch the input to S-VideoComposite in your software and use the TS remote to change channels.