Hughes India enters the broadband war !

• Thread starter Thread starter su.vijay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2,984

su.vijay

Hi folks ! 😱 Intreasting news!hughes India is entering the broadband war!Its one of the worlds top ISP. They are going to use "direct satellite technology" (really i dont kno what is that).they are goin to launch very soon. probally, what i heard is Bandwidth is in MB's( 1 MB and more) They are going to offer plans from 100 200 300 400 and 500.what do u feel about this guys? i feel other ISP's gonna eat dust !But anyway , as Indians ,lets support BSNL also. BSNL is trying to do their best and hope they will come with best plans!Why shud we allow our money to goto some other country?Also, BSNL has come with new ADSL modems with wi-fi and multi ports.The normal one price is slashed to 1200. Top model, that is Wi-fi enabled with 4 ethernet switch costs around 2000. This sounds too great for me!Also the comming up normal ADSL modems have ethernet and USB port.So, its a very cheap deal for those who can use USB and share the internet to other computer from ethernet card using ICS !Lets sit and watch what happens! B)

hughes have a big office in gurgaon. let us see if they start their operations from gurgaon 😉

but i don't think they are directed to residential/home users.Most probably these are corporate plans.If anyone is living near a hotspot lucky for them. need i say warchalkin.....🙂

they already sell bandwidth to corporates. that is how most companies operate...

yeah that is, but wouldn't it be lovely to have just a wireless lan card or a router and use that for internet.that would be the end of cto's.......they only need a wimax or whatever wireless tower nearby.....but that would be huge investment.like mobiles we could switch service providers, but thats just a dream i know.

they are comming up with both corprate and residential plans (100 to 500) are supposed to be residential plans.guys know , where BSNL buys bandwidth? is it from hughes?

Direct satellite is Shit compared to wired connections. Distance to a geo-stationary satelitte gets in the way of any app that is latency sensitive. So forget gaming, ssh sessions (anything encrypted etc.) Don't believe their marketing dept. I think the upload is also similarly poor. If anything this should be cheaper than what wired providers charge. All its good for is browsing, email and possibly ftp. Look up starband in the US and see what users have to say. If you live in the middle of nowhere, yeah, it might be good, but if your in a metro, there are better options.And last but not least no drivers for their equipment available for any other platform than windows.

hehe so we should learn a lesson not to read posts without referal links...