HUGE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN "UnLimited 900 PLUS AND UnLimited 900" plans

maxsteel_itus

ISP
bsnl
Does anybody knows the difference between the plan " Unlimited 900 plus" and " Unlimited 900" ..I am using " UL 900 Plus" am getting the max. speed of 30Kbps.I just saw on the broucher of DataOne BroadBand that ..Unlimited 900 Plus --- has the speed of 256 kbpsUnlimited 900 ---- speeds 256 KbpsIf you have any details about these plans .... please suggest me.. Cause I would like to change my current plan..Thanks in advance..

Seems only telephone charges some difference.

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
.For Home Plan UL 900 Plus: Telephone fixed monthly charges per month- Nil, Free Calls- Nil,
MCU charges per Pulse @ Rs. 1/- shall be applicable. The calls shall be charged
as per pulse rate of BSNl Bfone General Plan. Security Deposit and Installation
charges as applicable for Local/STD/ISD shall be taken from new customers.

##For Home Plan UL 900: Telephone Rental per month, Free Calls & MCU charges
per pulse shall be as per existing plan of the customer.

MCU- Metered Call Units. Both are speed-wise the same. So opt for 900UL+ as phone rental is waived here.

I am using " UL 900 Plus" am getting the max. speed of 30Kbps.

I just saw on the broucher of DataOne BroadBand that ..

Unlimited 900 Plus --- has the speed of 256 kbps

Unlimited 900 ---- speeds 256 Kbps

You are getting 30kBps not kbps.

1 B (Byte)== 8 b (bit)

Plan 900 Plus : in the Bfone general plan, the pulse rate for STD is 30 sec and therefore for heavy STD users it is a big loss. But the thing to be really resolved by BSNL is : after replacing by default the Bfone general plan by One India plan , where alone the STD pulse rate is 60 sec, ( Diwali Bonanza - 1.11.2006) why are they still charging at 30 sec pulse for STD?

MCU- Metered Call Units.

Both are speed-wise the same. So opt for 900UL+ as phone rental is waived here.

Can someine explain in detail this Newie what is MCU is?
Metered calls? Does that mean we have to pay for broadbaond use like the telephone pulses ? oh the plan is not at all unlimited then.😕

broadband is not thru dialup connection, it use a different connection (ADSL). if you make a call, that is charged.. local 3 minutes 1re. std 1.20 min or something.. those charges will be counted.. that is Metered Call Unit. if you make 10 local calls, 10 Metered Call Unit will occur.. nothing related to broadband.. both broadband/phone bill will be together !unless you make calls, you dont have to worry about MCUin 900UL +. there is no monthly telephone charge in 900UL, there is a monthly telephone charge ! (both plans are now 750ul+ and 750UL)