Huawei UMG1831 speed upto 28.8 Mbps

• Thread starter Thread starter mountk2
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 51
  • Views Views 27,133
It will be great if someone can post the detailed steps, how to do this. Specially for someone who has not tired unlocking before.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

I have just purchased Huawei umg1831 from ebay ..after purchased it was
not working properly .it got disconnect after every 5 or 10 minute and also become very hot in few minutes. then i upgraded its firmware 11.826.03.01.420 to 11.831.05.01.420..after upgrading firmware result is same.
so i tried some goggling then i upgraded my modem to huawei k4505 firmware now my modem is working fine . and also i got speed upto 28.8 mbps and also i able to make voice call with new dashboard...here is the screenshots of my download speeds.

Please load the unlocker again or here as attachment, as the file is corrupt, when i am trying to run the same after installation it says corrupt file.

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/8825/88970596.jpg
http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2078/42909939.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/5734/57847200.jpg
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7928/74788430.jpg

here is the link of huawei k4505 firmware
and voice enable dashboard link

so anyone can try it at own risk. i personally tested and working fine.

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

for unlock code try this unlocker

After downloading when you open the file it says corrupted, please upload and share again, or load here as attachment, also as requested in my earlier post, steps to do the same will be appreciated.

First of all download all three files mentioned in first step.unzip and run unlock programme, enter the imei of your modem and generate the unlock and flash code (note down the flash code)Remove the sim from your card. Then run the flash update programme of K4505, it will ask for unlock code, enter the flash code generated in above programme. within 1 minutes the update will be successful.Detach the modem and connect again. If you already have the latest version of mobile partner, no need to do anything otherwise run the installer of mobile partner and all is done.Whole process hardly takes 5 minutes.

The unlocker.rar is not opening i have tried downloading the same thrice and it says corrupt file when i try to unzip. Please post the same again, if possible as attachement here.

Thanks, the other linked work. Also an update instead of using the unlock code, you need to use the flash code to unlock the modem.Need to check this out and see how this firmware works.

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Well the modem worked fine for an hour and then suddenly disconnected, had to unplug and replug in,once it got detected i dialed out and its working fine now. Guess i would keep it running for next few hours to check if it happens again. As on earlier firmware my modem used to work fine for 14 hours on the trot, never faced any issues.

can ny1 guide this step by step???.... if sumthing goes wrong... i am worried 🙁

vibhuvw: yes he meant, you can damage your modem permanently, you may loose IMEI number making it un-workable and even if you flashed it a single time, you loose the warranty as mostmanufacturers want their service center to do the upgrade but not the end user.

yes flashing means, wiping out the in-built modem software(firmware) and re-installing a newer onemany operator make their custom version, many guys distribute non-branded ones etc etc.One should not flash the modem if its not giving problems, but as in case with this thread OP flashed it to get the support for 28mbps which UMG1831 was capable of and loading thenewer firmware made it possible for the modem to deliver that speed.

After flashing with k4505 firmware the mobile partner shows device name as E1831. Ya voice call is working fine. but my modem installer drive is corrupted. Any way to revive it ?

Agree with modem care, after upgrading firmware, modem will get heated up and will reset after an hour of usage, also many users reported IMEI getting erased once they tried downgrading back to original tmobile firmware. so better to avoid doing the firmware update, if already done, revert back before your modem goes for a toss.Knowledge sharing is good, but at times can be destructive like using k4505 firmware on 1831.

This thing is nice that goees upto 28mbps. But do you think we would speed like 20mbps and above using this device?

@Dushie, @ghpk

Flashing K4505 modem with K4505 update and UMG1831 with 1831 update makes nothing wrong.

K4505 modem behaves smoothly after update, since it is written specifically for K4505. Yes K4505 modem is also originally manufactured as 21.6 Mbps card. Only updating with K4505 specific files, it is upgraded to 28.8Mbps.

But flashing UMG 1831 with K4505 update is subject to owner's risk.Some plus some minus.

Normally any update SW will check the compatibility of the device and SW, before installation, and will exhibit warning or refuse to install. Here nothing happened. Is it the bug in the update SW ?

umg 1831 alredy supported 21.6 mpbs with all firmware

not need unbranded firmware like k4505,e182e

k4505,e182e and all 21 mpbs firmwares match to umg 1831

am get 1000kpbs DL in my 7.2 mpbs modem with download manager!!! its magic

1000kbps = 0.98Mbps

So getting a speed of 0.98Mbps with 7.2Mbps card, what is the magic ?

umg 1831 alredy supported 21.6 mpbs with all firmware

not need unbranded firmware like k4505,e182e

k4505,e182e and all 21 mpbs firmwares match to umg 1831

Hi modemcare,
I suppose u r frm cochin. Are the bsnl towers in cochin upgraded to 7.2 Mbps ?? Can u tell me the location, where u were getting this speed.

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

We should always be careful with firmware update... coz downgrading of firmware is not possible in most of the cases, (in case any issue arises).
Should resort to update only if the modem is giving problems with the current firmware.
Then regarding the Voice call, it'll be unlocked hopefully sooner or later in the Original UMG1831 firmware itself. So its better to wait for that. Video call is possible with the latest Mobile Partner Dashboard update. It also supports MMS (need to configure the settings properly) as well as USSD...!!
Just for the Voice call option, its not worth messing up with the hardware...!!