• Thread starter Thread starter volcano619
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,450

volcano619

Prononimous
ISP
Jio 4G/Idea 2G/ACT
My cousin needs a modem for his perosnal use...!!
And he wants the best "quality wise and quantity wise"...!!
So he wants the best modem when it comes to 21.6 Mbps...!!
I searched a lot...And when it comes to 21.6Mbps...Huawei is the one..!!
But the thing is UMG 1831 OR E353...??
Both are having some issues....2G compatibility...!! Heating issues...!! and so on...!!
So i thought lets go for the pros decision as well....!!

So what should i do...??....Ebay was offering E353 for 2700 bucks...!! And out of the blue theres no offer like that...Dunno why...!!
And UMG is for 2600 bucks...!!

Even theres ZTE...coming into play,when it comes to 21.6Mbps....!!
What should i suggest him...??
Thanks and Regards...!! 🙂

----------

Someone... please....Share your reviews..??

Okay...so you are in the same dilemma i was in two months before.. but i opted for UMG 1831. Simply because it has support for 2G network. E353 doesn't have it. Moreover if there is no over-heating issue with these devices. These are 21Mbps devices and they are bit on the hot side compared to 3.6 and 7.2 Mbps ones. I would suggest you to go with UMG 1831. I got mine at Rs.2250. 😛 🙂

I'm not concerned about 2G compatibility...!!I just want a efficient device(no heating issues)...thats all...!!If UMG 1831 has no heating issues..i'll go for it...!!On the contrary..I liked E353 because of its finishes...and i guess it has video calling feature and other stuffs too...!!

I am using UMG1831 for last 7 months...no issue..as far as heating is concern, One thing I have noted..Good signal..less heating.

I think these devices heat up because of a higher speed modem (21.6 Mbps) than those 7.2 Mbps ones. If you are not bothered about 2G compatibility than go for E353 or i would suggest Huawei E-182E. It is a newer model with a new Qualcomm chip. Go for it.

I probably got a bad piece of UMG 1831.. but mine bought from eBay lasted for 10 months only.. now it connects only for 2 minutes and goes to boiling point even in a 2G network.. it has destroyed 3 SIMS.

Umg1831 the best among the lot.. Nvr experienced any heating issues so far. I m heavy downloader.. Almost on 4 24 hrs w.o any problem

Also with new firmware upgrade from T-Mobile, it now supports 28 MBps speed!!!!! (though not of any use in India)

Go for it with eyes closed... Build quality is good as well

Only drawback : it won't support voice calls..

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

None of the two. Get K4505I have E353. It's 3G only and it does not support Voice calls or 2G or EDGE network. UMG 1831 gets hot and tends to hang.