Huawei umg1831 not detecting 3g signal after update with k4505 firmware, Plz help

• Thread starter Thread starter rakesh6
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 9,357

rakesh6

ISP
Wireless Mobile Broadband
hi,I updated my Huawei UMG1831 data card with k4505 firmware two days before.After that I was able to use voice call but when I checked for IMEI in dc-unlock client it replied that the datacard not found. Then I again updated the datacard with umg1831 firmware version 11.831.05.01.420.B427.But from that point my modem is not detecting 3g signals. It only shows EDGE signal. Also my IMEI is lost. I have purchased the data card to use with 3g sim and hspa newtwork but now it's not detecting hsdpa signal. So if any one knows how to solve this problem plz reply.Thanks

Contact the buyer, he might replace the modem or Buy a cd of love story 2050, use the time machine there and go to the past and dont make same mistake again.

Contact the buyer, he might replace the modem or Buy a cd of love story 2050, use the time machine there and go to the past and dont make same mistake again.

@amitstg
Hey amitstg,If you don't know any solution then don't reply. I am here with a serious problem and not to joke with you.

First, you shouldn't have tried to load k4505 firmware on umg1831. Your fault. Without IMEI number, your device is useless. It can't be used in India. If your seller offered warranty, check if you can replace the device. Otherwise, buy a new device. No other solutions as of now. Sorry for you. :frown:

@rakesh6
Sorry to hear that.... check with the seller for replacement, but having said that once IMEI is lost so does the warranty of the device.

It's been advised by many forum members and as well as modemcare not to install incompatible firmware.

@rakesh6
Sorry to hear that.... check with the seller for replacement, but having said that once IMEI is lost so does the warranty of the device.

It's been advised by many forum members and as well as modemcare not to install incompatible firmware.

Thanks for the reply , but I had done the mistake before anyone warned .So trying to find out any solution.

is ur modem now detecting in ur computer?...if detecting meanz ....try to do through window dial up......jst try this working or not

is ur modem now detecting in ur computer?...if detecting meanz ....try to do through window dial up......jst try this working or not

now the modem is detecting 3g signal by manual search, but the network is not registering my modem because the IMEI of my modem is erased.

So the only solution for this is to rewrite the IMEI no. on the modem.

But I have no idea how to rewrite the IMEI on Huawei modem. If anyone knows plz reply.

now the modem is detecting 3g signal by manual search, but the network is not registering my modem because the IMEI of my modem is erased.

So the only solution for this is to rewrite the IMEI no. on the modem.

But I have no idea how to rewrite the IMEI on Huawei modem. If anyone knows plz reply.

ur are using bsnl or some other network

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

we can register the network manualy also......

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

if u r bsnl costomer u type apn bsnlnet.com and *99# dial number.....before connecting ....u can register ur network manualy.....if u r using mobil partner.......u choose wcdma network 1ly k .....than giv apply

firstly why the hell did u flashed ur UMG 1831 with a FW of a diff model... has anyone heard somebody flashing a Nokia 5800 with N8 FW..... ????but as u have already done it sadly nothing much can be done about it.....coz the incompatible FW has erased the IMEI and its impossible for u to get ur device registered on the network without ur IMEI..... coz the BSC (tower) recognizes ur connection with the IMEI of the device.... may it be mobile or datacard... Only possible solution.....1) Try to reflash with UMG 1831 FW.... see if that works..... wont be of much use i guess coz IMEI already erased...2) Ask ur seller to replace the device..... Good if he does..... else get a new one....

Hey all, I have recovered my UMG1831 IMEI.

A big thank to perth who posted the way to recover IMEI of UMG1831. The link is given bellow

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.. i dont understand why people always look for firmware updates,even if the device works like rocket with original firmware, i am using the umg1831 with original firmware and working like spacecraft :grin:

Also after recovering IMEI, my umg1831 is not detecting 3g signal.It's showing the IMEI but the SERIAL NUMBER is missing.If anyone knows how to rewrite serial number to umg1831, then reply.regards