• Thread starter Thread starter shobhitk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,109

shobhitk

ISP
Dataone
Hi everyone,
this has come as a shock for me. such a trusted modem and going bad like this 🙁 i purchased it a few months back and it was doing fine. then suddenly today when i plugged it for using the net it didnt come to life!! no green light, no blue light....the computer didnt even know that i had connected something on its usb port. then another shocker came. the modem suddenly came to life...the computer detected the modem and it worked for 2-3 mins and then again gone for around 1 hour. again now its gone...its happening in a loop.

PS: i know sometimes the sim doesnt get registered and it remains blinking 'green'...but this time it is not even being detected by the computer! and no theres no problem of overheating...checked that.

is it toast?

guys please help me out. has anyone else experienced it? should i go for my warranty claim?

Regards

Try on other ports/other PC.

forgot to tell but i checked it on 3 computers and on several usb ports on each of them 🙁

yup i fear that too...bobby i dont think thats needed because connecting with the SIM is a later stage, the first stage being the handshake of the modem with the computer. at the very first instance the computer should detect it...it is not even getting turned on!it can also act like a storage device...so even if theres no SIM it should work as a pen drive.

I purchased a Huawei UMG 1831 modem.. but it stopped working after 10 months of use. The modem used to get so hot that it destroyed the SIM inside it.. Looks like this model of Huawei device is poor. Now it works occationally but after 2-3 mins of usage, it gets very hot and it disconnects

its just nt abt lasting its abt buggy...over heating modems which cause them to stall or disconnect...E353 that I bought keeps asking fr resetting every nw and then

i always kept a watch on overheating and never let it become extremely hot. so that should not be the cause.now a bigger issue for me is that it is within its warranty period BUT i dont find any Huawei center/shop in my city 🙁 also i am unable to find any helpline for indian customers. i am sure someone here must be having a helpline or something for contacting huawei for warranty issues.kindly help.Thanks