Huawei SmartAX MT841 Wireless setup

• Thread starter Thread starter drranjith
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 27,623

drranjith

ISP
BSNL
Hi Friends,I request your inputs on this problem. I have the BSNL broadband connection ( HOME 250 Plan) and the Huawei SmartAX MT 841 Modem. IT is has the WiFi card in it. I am able to connect it to my laptop via the RJ 11 modem cable and connect to the net at good speeds. The issue is that when i try to acess the wirelss , i am unable to connect. The id of the modem is seen in my WiFi settings of the laptop but when i try to connect it says that this connection is security enabled and i type in the name and password and still the latop doesnt connect.........The signal strenght is full and i tried my frineds laptop too and the same issue persists, detected but unable to connect.... I tried resetting the modem to no effect....Please help and thanks a million in advance..PS: The local BSNL guys are unable to help me out, ,,,, they asked me to change my laptop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks againJith

Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
see this and remove any security key wpa/psk entered earlier. Check connectivity.
Later add your own key.
SmartAX MT-841 (Type-IV) ADSL MODEM MULTIUSER CONFIGURATION

Thanks for the quick reply essbebe.I will try it out and post the result:ashamed:Thanks you once againJithThanks a million essbebe ...It worked...........Though i had to keep it as no encryption.( the password i keyed in was not accepted)Thanks , I did not have to change my laptop.....Jith

Thanks. Check any activity in your wireless network when you are not active, as your link is accessible within a radius of say 30 to 50 meters. with a laptop with wireless adapter.

Hi, I am having Huawei SmartAX MT841 Router. I am not able make a wireless connection. When called up the BSNL call center, they are saying that some Wireless chip needs to be inserted. Can anyone tell me what is that chip, even call center guys doesnt know the name and are saying w/o that cant make the wireless connection. Thanks,Vinod K

^ you need a PCMCIA card WCBG03H to insert into modem

hi friend, you don’t have to change the laptop visit the link mentioned below to set your modem for Multi User Configuration of Modem. You can try those steps as mentioned in it.
http://www.calcutta.bsnl.co.in/dataoneinstall/mu07.html

Regards,
:thumbsup:

hi friend, you don’t have to change the laptop visit the link mentioned below to set your modem for Multi User Configuration of Modem. You can try those steps as mentioned in it.
http://www.calcutta.bsnl.co.in/dataoneinstall/mu07.html

Regards,

@hameed_d
Welcome to Broadbandforum.in
1.Please read the thread from post 1. I have given the same link in post 2.
2.Kindly say @essbebe @ xyz etc if the thread contains too many posts, if you answer a particular user.
3.Please use [ quote ] blah blah [/quote ] ( no spaces ) to answer a particular point.
Example:
Can anyone tell me what is that chip
4.Please edit you post and remove the duplicate entries.
5.Please ignore all instructions above , if you know them already. sorry.