Huawei Mt841

• Thread starter Thread starter prosun
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 7,225

prosun

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Hello,I have a HUAWEIMT841 modem on which i have added a wireless PC Card from Netgear - a 54Mbps card. I have a wireless laptop and would like the ADSL modem to be enabled into a wireless modem so that i can browse internet. The problem is that the Wireless PC Card when inserted into the PCMCIA slot in the modem (to enable wireless) does not work nor is the indicators in the wireless card work. I have tried to configure the modem but in vain. can anyone please help me?

I don't THINK any other card will work with the MT841 other than its own wifi card supplied with it. Coz the firmware loaded only has instructions to control the given wifi card. So I think you are wasting your time on this. Get the wifi card that is supplied with MT841. Or if you know someone already using a different wifi card with MT841 then plz let the members know and they might find you a solution... but I really don't think this will work.

No other card except Huawei WCBG03H would work on the MT841, the only solution is to contact ur exchange n ask them if they can get u a MT841 wlan card

I have modem MT841 i want to reflash it coz i wrongly update its firmware of MT882 insted of MT841 have there any software which Re-flash its firmware:rofl:

@prosun
No other card except Huawei WCBG03H would work on the MT841,
. This is equivalent to connecting externally a wireless router such as Netgear WGR614. ( cost about Rs 1500/ to rs 2000)

In later models this is built in
and we see only
the antenna in the wifi router

That Netgear WIFI card may be suitable for your Laptop!
mention model number.

The wireless card (WCB...)you insert in MT841
converts it to a wireless modem (Transmits and
receives data from your Desktop/laptop
computer which have their own wireless LAN card.
Both are different.
In later models this is built in
and we see only
the antenna in the wifi router .
===================================

@puniaz
MT882 FW may be compatible with Mt841. ( without wireless)
Post the Firmware version. for further help.
If you noted the original version and the MT882 version.
Extract from Summary page.

ftp://www.basis-net.ru/SmartAX/
suddenly asking for ID and PW try admin admin