• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 6,678
Status
Not open for further replies.

jay003

ISP
Reliance
Can any one help me?? I have Huawei MT841 wireless adaptor . I bought Netgear Wirelss -G 54 Router -WGR614...And I have a compaq laptop V2136AP..I have Reliance internet connection . so I want to use it on my laptop through this adaptor & router...But I dont have a driver of adaptor.so can u help me???

First thing first, you don't need any drivers. Both Huwai and Netgear routers come with a built in panel. Just do the foll :
- set your lappy's network card to obtain IP automatically
- connect your router to the lappy
- Open browser and type 192.168.1.1
- if prompted, use admin as username and password for password.

Secondly, you'd need only one of them (huwei/netgere) for wifi access on your lappy.

If your connection is ADSL (phone based, uses rj 11 connector) you'd need Huwai wireless modem to surf on your lappy. Otherwise you will need to connect and configure your Netgear router.

An easy option would be to ring the cust care of your provider, they should be able to help you in configuring the wifi router. Else me or someone here will surely help you 🙂

Thanx 4 ur help, u said connect router to my lappy...I connected my adaptor bt didnt happen anything...thn i open browser & typed as u said bt nothing opened...so obviously i m doing something wrong .so can u describe me in detail? I ll be very thankful..

1.I have Huawei MT841 wireless adaptor
what is the model ?
You insert it in the modem/router or in the USB port of computer / ?. will try this later.
REF:calcuttatelephones.com/dataoneinstall/mdm07.html.
2.Netgear Wirelss -G 54 Router -WGR614.
arjungoel.blogspot.com/2007/11/setting-netgear-wireless-router.html

model no is SmartAX MT841 Accessory/WCBG03H PCMCIA Wireless card , 802.11b/g PCMCIA Wireless card.....It is not USB adaptor..so I attached it to adaptor port of my lappy....I have reliance net connection came with direct LAN cable so I connected it with my router....so i want 2 connect my lappy to router using adaptor which i have so wht else i do now...coz ip u said i cant open it...BTW i have windows XP

suggestion 1 :Reliance LAN connection ====>>> wgr614 WIFI router WAN port.LAN1 rj45 to laptop ether net port Does it work ?( after programming the router) suggestion 2 : reliance connection to LAN1 of Netgear wifi router.Lan2 rj45 to laptop ethernet port ? does it work ?wireless can wait. Post Ipconfig/allStart run type cmd type ipconfig/allPara two😀on't try for the present. MT841 PCMCIA card i think has to be inserted in the modem.Else how will it work in WIFI mode ? see calcutta telephones web site . WCBG03H PCMCIA Wireless card , 802.11b/g or may be it is universalwireless LAN adaptor to be used in any Laptop. will try later in your laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.