HUAWEI LTE E8372

ISP
JIO,BSNL
Check Huawei LTE E8372 Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Snapdeal | Paytm

I bought the above 4G WiFi Dongle for Rs. 3249 from Amazon.

Pros:
  • Rock Solid connection
  • Gets online within 30 Seconds.
  • Easy to Configure
  • It auto-configures APN as soon as it detects operator.
  • Easily manageable through Huawei app
  • Can work on both USB and wall charger
  • Can be connected to non-WiFi devices through USB Port
  • No Heating issues yet, kept it plugged in for 7-8hrs and downloaded 1GB data in a single go.

Cons:
  • No forced 2G/3G selection.
  • Wall charger not included in the packet.
  • No calling support.
  • JIO apps can't detect phone number through Wifi, asks for jiofi.
  • WiFI range is not great but decent enough for 1BHK homes it can easily cross two walls.
Before you criticise my decision I would like to explain why I chose to go with it.
There are very few factory unlocked models available in the market, I had very few choices one of them was to buy jio-Fi for 2K but that device was locked to JIO and there was no surety that it could be unlocked in near future and BSNL 1099 plan makes more sense than any JIO plans for me. Another option was to go with Airtel unlocked devices for 2.5K but band support was very poor and as per specification my device support more LTE bands than I know 😀 and I don't prefer to buy 2nd hand items.
Unlocked 3G wifi dongle costs around 2K and for the extra cost of 1200 I could use jio till 31st dec.

Bottomline:- You can buy this device it is pretty good. I always good full reception as my house is quite open so can't comment about signal reception.
Any further queries are welcomed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all. Greetings. This is my first post.

I wanted to share my experience with E8372h-927. I was using it on Jio without any issue for two months and then it suddenly it stopped working. And it won't work on any other SIM after that. Re-flashed the FW given at Huawei support site with version 21.316.01.00.910 for India. It did not resolve the issue. I took it to a service centre who said an update is required and installed a FW as I could see the first window on fw update exe file with "start" button and the rest I could not see.

At the time of posting this the FW ver is shown as 21.328.62.00.910 and is not available at Huawei support site. But it will work only on Edge browser and probably IE(not tested) but not on Firefox or Chrome as per my experience. With other browsers it will just keep popping up the wingle home page.

Huawei support chat did not acknowledge any such issue relating to the use of E8372 wingle on Jio stating that it is Jio issue. If so how a FW update resolved the issue of the unit not working with any SIM remains the biggest question.

I just wanted to inform the above to all those who are using E8372h-927 in India.

PS: Other browsers will work if edge remains open probably as a redirect. This certainly is an issue with Huawei.

Last edited:
Hey I am also facing same problem...I cant find the version you posted.
I'm currently on

• Hardware version: CL1E8372HM
  • Software version: 21.316.01.00.910
  • Web UI version: 17.100.13.00.910
Please help me get the update...My local service center is useless and Huawei mailed me again and again to reset / flash the one in the website....Called them too and they tell to mail...I really need to get this working...I bought this on Amazon Lightning deal and it has been a month-working pretty well, last 5 days back it stopped working and goes into infinite reboot loop if any sim is inserted and then into firmware upgrade mode.
Its not like it will work only on edge...I will be able to check that if My wingle gets to work as well...
Can you get a copy from the service center? died searching google for any help regarding this issue...many on amazon facing the same.

Sorry for my belated reply. I do not have the updated firmware with me. I took my unit to Huawei authorized service center who did the firmware update. The unit is working now but I never found it on Huawei support website. Even if 910 firmware is installed again or the unit is hard reset, it will not work and behave exactly as described by you. Without any SIM it will connect to PC properly and you can modify all settings. One thing I wanted to try but did not do so is to update APN settings to have SSID: Jio Internet, APN: jionet and make it default without SIM in it. After changes are saved insert Jio SIM and try. But no guarantees again. The SSID is the only change that seems to have been effected by Jio.

Sorry I am not in a position to help you. The service center refused to give me a copy of the firmware. I am not aware of any method where I can extract the firmware and post it.

In my previous post I was referring to Microsoft Edge browser not "E" (edge) comm technology. Sorry for the confusion it may have created.

Last edited:
I am still calling Huawei everyday and they are also refusing to give the firmware. is this a hardware issue or else?
this device is really crap. doesn't have IPv6 ( required for me to set up servers / public ip )
service center in my area do not service dongles. lame reason. huawei not following up except fake promises. called them daily.
which location / service center did u give your device?

any browser should work.

which location / service center did u give your device?

Last edited:
Huawei Customer Service Center
Tamil Nadu Chennai No.C-34, First Floor, N.R. Dave Complex, 2nd Avenue, 11th Main Road corner, Anna Nagar, Chennai - 600040

044-42127861 & 42127862

10am-6pm, Mon-Sat, except for public holidays

YES, SAME ISSUE. RESOLVED after FW 21.328.62.00.910 update from Huawei authorized service center in Chennai. I also tried with version 21.316.01.00.910 update from Huawei support site. No use.
As per service center, the issue because of failure in software update received from JIO. Do not know how JIO network can access Huawei dongle software and failed to update.
And also said the above FW version update is provided by Huawei to fix this issue. This is not available on Huawei support website. Can be done only from service center. Seems many have done this fix recently.
As my device is warranty, I'm ok to do. If this happens in future, post warranty, Huawei will do free service? At least they should give this update fix online..
Thanks [COLOR=#0066cc]kaysundar[/COLOR], your post/reply helps me to reach service center.

updated by service center after 2 months of waiting time....he was not willing to give me the file too, telling its Huawei server and can't share..
Dd3bxOZ.png

I am facing an issue...if I type google.com in url bar it takes me to its homepage...192.168.8.1
speedtest.net---same..
it is redirecting automatically....if I use bookmarks and browse through direct links from webpages then only i can browse...
what a crap company....hauwei, I will never buy any product from you again.

Do not use any browser other than IE or Edge, Huawei has crapped it even further,

Sorry for the double post with same info. I could not get to see my earlier post. Now one more to list: India Broadband Forum....!!!!

Seriously the dongle is crap. Can't open another page except google.com in any browser.
called toll-free and they told to submit in service center again, after shouting and telling that i will throw this piece of crap away right now on the phone. I can't stand anymore
what are you doing now with the dongle? its useless.

Huawei send me a refurb dongle with firmware
Hardware version:CL1E8372HM
Software version:21.328.62.00.910 before it was 01.910, which had the url redirect bug
Web UI version:17.100.18.01.910

which has feature to turn off auto updates. so now this dongle will run forever, and you should also turn off the updates for making sure that huaweiwill not kill your dongle once again.
Ns5jYfj.png

upon quicksetup itself it asked if you want to turn on auto updates or not...=> huawei acknowledges its crappy updates is killing all dongles out there,
AezzFQS.png