Huawei Hg8145v5 bridge mode

• Thread starter Thread starter Zer0Cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 14,314
@amits0809 right click on the field where it says IPTV, inspect element, and manually type out INTERNET in the two fields. I was surprised when this actually worked for me. Another way to do it is to debrand the router and unlock generic firmware. There's a channel MxBNET on YouTube which has posted a way to do that.

Thank you, my friend. I managed to change IPTV to Internet, however, the service name changed to Internet_vid_ but service type is still appearing as IPTV.

Anyways, under bridge - service types - IPTV and Others, in both scenarios i am getting internet through my Asus router without any element changes.

So, i can confirm now, bridge mode is working on Huawei router.

I even requested for router change but service engineer had informed me that Airtel is providing all local routers to customer and Huawei is the best one, but they discontinued 🙁

Speed appearing same (approx - 500 to 600 Mbps) on Asus AX3000 router with wifi6 clients - Macbook M1 and Ipad air 4. Asus router inbuild speed test showing 900+ Mbps speed.

Service type is just cosmetic display. If the service name is internet_vid_ then it's actually internet. That's why bridge mode is working now.

After my experience with Huawei router I'd actually agree with those engineers that it's the best, atleast in terms of openness and features. Can't comment about speed though.

@amits0809 : I am also trying to configure my Huawei router as a repeater setting it up as a wds bridge; but for som reason I am unable to do so.

I've done a new WAN connection on PPOE mode with WAN bridge type. Not sure which VLAN ID to put.

Disabled DHCP & configured the IP.

I am confused on where to set-up the SSID and Password of the main router in the Huawei router.

I am also confused on how will the Huawei router connect to the main router.

Can you please share detailed steps along with screenshots ?