Huawei Hg8145v5 bridge mode

• Thread starter Thread starter Zer0Cool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 14,366
ISP
Airtel
Hey guys,

I have an airtel XStream broadband connection with which I got a Huawei Hg8145v5 modem/router. Recently I've been facing issues with the WLAN provided by this router, it keeps getting disconnected and I get low speeds. I think using the Hg8145v5 in bridge mode with my TP-Link router should fix my problem. Can someone here please help me with the right settings for setting up the Hg8145v5 in bridge mode?
After some googling around I also found this guide, is this the right way to do it?

Thanks

Yes thats correct 👍

I might soon get shifted to fiber too.
Hope this bridge mode works out with my nighthawk x6.

Might pm you guys then if you wouldn't mind.

I have a spare HG630 V2 router. Airtel provided me with HG8145V5 for optical fibre connection. I want to use the former router (HG630 V2) as a repeater. I have made all the necessary changes in the settings of HG620 V2 but do not know what to change in HG8145V5. Can anyone guide me through it? The guidelink shared by zer0cool isn't opening.

Is there a superuser account for Huawei HG8145V5?
Editing WAN profiles and changing channels is disabled by default.

Not for me, I can change everything.

you upgraded your plan to gig to get that ont or is there any other way to replace the current router? I have the Huawei one as you know we can't change the wi-fi channels in it also don't know why the ping on 5ghz is always 15 to 20 ms more than on 2.4. @MadAxe

Issue with bridge mode:

HG8145V5, updated to firmware V5R019C10S285 by technician. since then its not accepting bridge mode option. Under the bridge mode, i am getting service type as IPTV and Others, no internet option.

Any idea how to get bridge mode enable for internet. I raised this with net@airtel email support team, no update yet. Technician visited and he informed me that bridge option is not available in HG8145V5. this is for both configuring static IP and Poppe settings.

Please advice how to enable bridge mode.

Last edited: