Huawei HG8120C xPON (EPON and GPON) ONT with telephone port (no wireless)

Has anyone who bought this configured BSNL FTTH on it (both voice and data)? Would appreciate some screenshots of the configuration.

@Nishant what issues are you facing? I didn't configured voice but my Internet was being configured on the ont but my wired pc not getting ip address despite the dhcp server being enabled. Turned out that I had to enable the lan port setting to make it layer3 for HG mode whatever that means, as it was visible on the ui.

Few things that has gotten me confused:

1. I found no way to put this ONT to a subnet other than 255.255.255.0. I have an Edgerouter that runs on 192.168.1.x/255.255.255.0 with two WAN connections. My LCO ONT is on bridge mode which is not an issue. I keep my BSNL ONT on 10.0.0.1/255.0.0.0 and PPPoE is configured in the ONT. When I tried to change the IP of this ONT to 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0 it gave me an error saying it is not a valid subnet.

2. I couldn't find a way in the GUI to change the MAC ID of WAN. I believe it needs to be done via SSH/Telnet?

3. A guide on configuring this would help as I do not want my BSNL line get blocked on their OLT and go through the hassle of calling them and getting it unblocked.

For the first item... if you want to change subnet can you pick ip 192.168.2.x ... different 3rd octet?

1. I have not tried such a big subnet cause honestly I don't that many devices. 😀 Is there a specific reason for using a /16 subnet? Even if you want to use the 10.0.0.0 range, you can use 10.0.0.0/24 ie 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0

2. I haven't yet found a way to change the WAN MAC address and didn't need it either. BSNL has stopped MAC binding in most areas AFAIK.

1. I have not tried such a big subnet cause honestly I don't that many devices. 😀 Is there a specific reason for using a /16 subnet? Even if you want to use the 10.0.0.0 range, you can use 10.0.0.0/24 ie 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0

2. I haven't yet found a way to change the WAN MAC address and didn't need it either. BSNL has stopped MAC binding in most areas AFAIK.

1. Hehe. I just wanted to keep the ONT on a different subnet to avoid any possible routing issues. I will try both the IPs in that case i.e. 192.168.2.x and 10.0.0.1/24.

2. Oh! So I just have to clone the serial number I assume?

I would actually give it a try and confirm.

MAC binding from a PPPoE perspective is done by BSNL at their BNG level, not at TIP/LCO level. At the TIP/LCO level all they can do is whitelist the ONT serial and allow only that ONT to register to the OLT. This can be worked around simply by cloning the serial and can be done from the UI. The WAN MAC wouldn't matter here.

Now if BSNL is actually doing PPPoE MAC binding, then easiest way is to bridge the ONT and configure the WAN interface on your main router ie the Edgerouter where the MAC can easily be cloned.