HP TouchPad Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 120
  • Views Views 16,391
it looks good .. OS is important factor so lets wait for the review on the same ...according to tech specs ... It has only front facing camera of 1.3 ?????

even ipad 2 is only likely to feature a front facing camera. tablets are not mobile phones that you carry around to take photos. of course, it is good to have a proper camera. but to take a phone with a tablet is like... well awkward.

very true .. no one uses the same .. imagine we have 10 inch tablet and then we are using the same to click the photos .. 😛this is inteligenet thinking by them ... this way they can reduce the cost of the tablet to price it rightly ipad 2 .. i heard it has dual one back side with hd recording facility .. lets see ..

heh. the latest reports in the market is that we would see two ipad updates this year. one would be in the coming weeks. with some improvements in processor and memory and the front facing camera. and another one later this year with major upgrades. Apple does not add multiple features in one go. they need to save something for future devices too. they only added a decent 5mp camera in iPhone 4 for god sake. they would probably add the camera in ipad in its third variant. 😀

i too heard the same .. the ipad 3 is scheduled for sept-oct .. thats wired .. i guess this is compete with others in feature as 1 year is huge time when you consider the technology ... about ipad 2 .. just front camera is major addition .. with A9 processor and additional ram ... if everything is added now what left for future edition .. but there few feature are innovative like retina display .. instead of investing iPhone and ipod .. better to get the iPad touch and get the experience of iOs ..

ipad need a new version to divert the attention from android 3 based devices. and since a lot of devices would be available in the market by the end of the year, they would do good by launching a significant updated version just before the holiday season.

android 3.0 is big threat to them .. so they are changing there cycle .. playbook will not affect much as i think this is confused product .. they introduced new os for the same .. and they are not able to make good with touch screen phone .. they are in market just because of blackberry service .. but definately webOS is new good player ... they are re-entering into the market so they have knowledge of all this things ...

Apple does not consider android a threat. similar to how they have never considered windows a threat. of course they are competition but apple has carved a totally different market for themselves. apple is one side. android competes with symbian, blackberry, webos, and other platforms. people who wants to buy an ipad would not buy android devices. people do not want to buy an ipad would consider between the alternatives.

humm till now we haven't seen any product that can compete with ipad .. xoom was some what near to them but over price and otehr factor will affect them badly ..if some product launched rightly can definitely give good competition to ipad ... i don't think any iPhone user will think to buy it for bigger screen as they already had iPhone which do all the task .. and apps for iPod are costly than the same for iPhone .. iPod is doing great as they created totaly new category and currently no one is there to compete with them .. that is why they want to keep the exclusivity in this sector .. and that is the reason they decided the bi-yearly (twice in year) cycle .. and also thinking 7 inch model ...

they only added a decent 5mp camera in iPhone 4 for god sake. they would probably add the camera in ipad in its third variant. 😀

the camera is not decent.. it is just awesome as compared to the 5mp on my Galaxy s.. or the 5mp on the n97...
.. the backlit image sensor captures good quality even in low light with colors popping out... technically n8 has a better camera but iphone 4 results are more pleasing to the eyes..

plus there are plenty of good quality photography related apps...

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

it looks good .. OS is important factor so lets wait for the review on the same ...

according to tech specs ... It has only front facing camera of 1.3 ?????

screen size, resolution, weight and size same as the ipad...
ipad 2 will for sure have a better screen... and also will be lighter and slimmer....

i find the multitasking on this thing way better than my ipad..

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Apple is one side. android competes with symbian, blackberry, webos, and other platforms. people who wants to buy an ipad would not buy android devices. people do not want to buy an ipad would consider between the alternatives.

i have an ipad and a galaxy s and also have used an iphone 4.... app experience on android is bad.. as in not availability of apps.. but usage experience.. i find the galaxy s wether it was 2.1 or 2.2 to be a lot slower as compared to ios devices running the same apps...

cheap android phones like galaxy 3 are good as they are much better than the nokias

One of the eagerly awaited tablets of this year but again we have to wait till we get our hands on this...It looks like the commercial launch will be somewhere in the late summer..Very disappointed with this..They planned to make their products available as soon as they showcase it..But now,it looks like it was just a statement..And yeah,Two IPADS are scheduled to arrive this year according to the latest rumors and one can find no sense in it..Playbook is looking more promising but no scheduled launch anytime soonSo as of now..XOOM will be winner!!

But I still don't get it..This Touch pad will be on WEBOS 2.0 or WEBOS 3.0Wat r the differences between them?But I guess one has to import these devices cause I am not sure if HP PALM has any info on their outside Europe sales