HP Laptop Battery Suggestion

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 1,662
ok here are my experince but with Dell.

my dell's laptop battery died within a year. indian division quoted the price 10k for 6 cell and 15k for 9 cell i think.

i avoided it. a friend was coming from states. dell's official battery was listed at 100 dollars. third party battery was listed at 50 dollars.

i ordered the third party battery 😀

12 cell battery would most likely be bigger than the original one and would have a tube that would extend on the back of the laptop. some would add the bulk to the bottom like in this image:

https://imgur.com/8KN9X

this battery worked on my dell. battery backup was 1.5 hours 😀 (what windows showed not real life) compared to 60 minutes for the battery that dell had supplied. (both in high performance mode which is what i used. battery saving mode suck ass).

there was one major problem. it would not handle any processor intensive task. like video conversion. laptop would restart 😀

since i used the laptop on power almost all the time, i just needed it to work during the power cuts for inverter to kick in.

in any case, i stopped using the laptop soon after that. the two batteries and the laptop with the ****ed up display are lying somewhere in this basement now. 😕

Hmmm... Now first, this seems to be HP branded. Looks to be so, someone let me know if I am wrong.. Secondly, I would probably be running it in normal mode. No such hi-fi stuff for me..

right. HP branding should mean that it should be safe! i still believe that the third party battery would explode someday 😀

I am aware of the tilt.. but I guess that would be sort of manageable as well...

yeah. tilt should be fine in this case. in my case, the bulk was at the back. did not cause any problems.

My major concerns are compatibility and whether I will get really get double benefit because of the 12-cell..And of course, I hope its HP branded...Ok.. Here is another question (Likely will be ordering only after 1-2 days anyway) .. Anyway to confirm that battery is really the problem..

Anyway to confirm that battery is really the problem..

Put that battery in another laptop and check.

Here is an advice for everyone:-

One of the way to increase the battery life is to 100% charge and then complete discharge!

I get about 3 Hrs backup on my 2.5 Years old HP Laptop.

12 cell battery should easily give 150% backup compared to a 6 cell battery 😀 More even! not sure how to test the battery. ubuntu seems to have a feature that tells you the capacity your battery is running. on some configurations windows would also tell you if the battery is nearly dead. in any case, if the battery is more than a year or two old... it is more than likely dead. that has been my experience with windows laptops. Apple on the other hand? batteries easily last for 3-4 years.right. battery management is very important on laptops. keep the laptop on charge permanently and you would kill it within a year like i did with my Dell 😀****ing vBulletin.

With moderate usage it has lasted close to 4 years (Nov 2008), guess can be compared to 2 years of heavy use. Also past one year or so, it has been warning me of battery being low.Yeah.. Would need to find someone with whose laptop I can "test" the battery.