HP Chromebook 14

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 4,391
So... Largely disappointed as expected. The resolution is too low for someone like me coming from a WQXGA display. Display tech is also quite poor in comparison to what I have on my (very fucked up) Dell. I am not used to laptop keyboards so that would take a lot of time getting used to. Would have to reorganize my Chrome toolbar to fit all the icons in so little space available on that device 😀 And since the changes sync across all Chromes, I would have get the same compact edition on my desktop as well lol.

Anyways. It is still a laptop that comes with a 9 hour battery life. Which is what the focus is on. A backup machine to be used primarily during longer power cuts and travel. Would see if I can switch to it as my primary work machine as well. Would save a lot of power in the process. I can now get a Pogobox or a similar device for my torrent downloads and exclusively use the desktop for watching movies and TV shows!

I would eventually find out.

There are some valid reasons to not support Java today. Few websites today use Java applets (or whatever). And it is a very insecure piece of software. Oracle owns it and relationship between Google and them is not very good because of the Android lawsuit 🙂
I mean Google Chromebooks does support Adobe Flash. Chrome comes preloaded with Flash Player on all platforms. Google works proactively with Adobe to ensure that Flash remains up to date on Chrome (except for Android and iOS of course). Chrome gets an instant update as soon as Adobe releases an update. Google is unlikely to get the same level of support from Oracle which does not fix known bugs in Java for months at times.